CO2 Leak

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hamsnacks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I recently started using a CO2 system, I got the regulator off Amazon, to be honest it wasn't a brand name one, but it had hundreds of good reviews and it was about $90 less than anything I found locally. It came with a selonoid and I have it connected to my 20 pound CO2 tank. Everything works great expect when it's time for it to turn off on a timer it still allows a single bubble out about every 5 mins or so. If I close the tank it doesn't leak but I have it to a timer. I returned the first one and the second one is doing the same thing. Is this common? If so is their a fix? If the only solution is to buy a brand name one, but I kept it instead, that 1 bubble shouldn't be a problem correct?
Thanks

Sounds like faulty valve that doesn't completely close. If you're getting the same brand/type each time and its not working it would suggest its cheaper for a reason.

Return it and try another brand. I know the aquarium specific ones are more expensive but you should be able to find a reasonably priced one that doesn't leak.

Most reactions

Back