Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. The FishForums.net Tank of the Month is back! Click here for more details!

Dismiss Notice

CO2 Leak

Discussion in 'Lighting, CO2, Ferts & Flow' started by Hamsnacks, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Hamsnacks

Hamsnacks New Member

So I recently started using a CO2 system, I got the regulator off Amazon, to be honest it wasn't a brand name one, but it had hundreds of good reviews and it was about $90 less than anything I found locally. It came with a selonoid and I have it connected to my 20 pound CO2 tank. Everything works great expect when it's time for it to turn off on a timer it still allows a single bubble out about every 5 mins or so. If I close the tank it doesn't leak but I have it to a timer. I returned the first one and the second one is doing the same thing. Is this common? If so is their a fix? If the only solution is to buy a brand name one, but I kept it instead, that 1 bubble shouldn't be a problem correct?
    Thanks

2. Lunar Jetman

Lunar Jetman Chatroom Moderator
    Chatroom Moderator

Sounds like faulty valve that doesn't completely close. If you're getting the same brand/type each time and its not working it would suggest its cheaper for a reason.

Return it and try another brand. I know the aquarium specific ones are more expensive but you should be able to find a reasonably priced one that doesn't leak.

• Like Like x 1