CO2 in filter?

Definately. I have this fern like plant (the name at the store was "Aquafern" which I cant imagine is correct) and I watched it grow a 3mm thick root 3 cm in 2 days. Some of my other plants are taking off too. The slower ones are well, slow.. but what can ya do.

It is helping with ym algae too because the plants are sucking up the nutrients out of the water and the algae is dying off.

That's my 2 cents.
Pat

P.S.
I got my hotplate/magnetic stirrer so now my yeast solution will be constantly mixing and at a better temp for yeast to grow. :hyper: (im sucha geek :*) ).

Since I started my CO2, my plants have shown a nocicable improvement. I also doubled the amount of light from 80 watts to 160 (2 x power, 1 x aqua and 1 x lifeglo) (my fish are all wearing shades :p ) and started adding plant food to the water, so I cant say for definate the CO2 is the only reason for the improvment. Nearly all my plants give off a constant stream of tiny bubbles which I assume is O2 and therefore should be good for the tank :p .
I measured the Ph last night and it had dropped from 7.5 to 7.0 over the space of a week so most of my fish will be happier with that :)
AND ENGLAND HAVE JUST WON THE RUGBY WORLD CUP AS I TYPE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Most reactions

Back