What's new

Clown Loaches Disease? Help!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

AydenD

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in need of some help, I had 8 clown Loaches in my 75 gallon tank. (It's a grow out tank don't worry I have an 8 foot now) There is now one. The largest one. A couple of weeks ago I noticed one of the clowns had ich and so I got what I've used in the past for ich which is the API super ich cure. Long story short it did nothing which is weird because last time it worked miracles. I thought originally my silver dollars (I have six the two larger were affected) just had torn find but I decided to err on the side of caution and got some erythromycin and treated the tank with it. It seems like my silver dollars fins are doing a little better but it didn't help any of the other fish. Fish that have also died during this time: Five German Blue Rams (Very Small), Two Male Dalmatian Mollies, One Male Gold Panda Mollie, 4 Cherry Barbs. Currently in the tank there is the one very sick clown loach, 4 giant danios, one blue Gourami, two Weather (dojo) Loaches, 6 silver dollars (also grow out), one Dalmatian Mollie and 14 Dalmatian Mollie fry (in a fry net), and two balloon belly mollies (male and female). None of the other fish seem sick at all and why haven't the fry died? I feel like they'd be the first to go (they're 3-4 weeks old now).

Water Parameters:
Ammonia, 0ppm
Nitrite, 0ppm
Nitrate, 10-20ppm
pH, 7.5ish (hard to tell 100%)
I can't remember exactly what kh and gh were earlier but they were very good from what I can remember.
Tested using the API Freshwater Master Test Kit ((or whatever it's called) it uses liquids it's not test strips).

Please help! I have no idea what to do I think it could possibly be velvet but I have no clue because to me it looks the same as ich. I will try to take pictures in the morning if the clown is still alive.

Also, filtration isn't an issue I have an Marineland Penguin 350 (up to 75 gallons), two in tank corner canister filters (up to 40 gallons EACH) and an up to 125 gallon UV Sterilizer (this is new I bought because I read tons of good reviews of how it's helped with bacerial infections and ich).

Thanks, AydenD

I don't know how to take this post down this happened last time I posted too. Please ignore this post I meant to say I treated at HALF STRENGTH on the ich medicine. If a mod sees this please take this post down.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back