Cloudy water

Y2J

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My water went very cloudy after i put some food in(using it to cycle with) and its been like this now for 36 hrs.. Theres a green plant in the tank i can bearly make out thats how thick the mist is..I've not put anything in the water for over a day now and the filter has been on non stop since tuesday afternoon (when i got the tank). I had a problem with the heater in where the temperature went very high. Since then the heater hasnt been on for 36 hrs and the temperature is still lowering, its 81 f at the moment.

Can someone help me clear my water please? I am going to the pet store tomorrow so i can buy products if i need them.

I had a bacterial bloom last summer that caused cloudiness in my tank and a woman at my lfs recommended this product to clear it up and it worked. Of course i can't remember the name of it but i'll go poke around my fish cabinet to see if i can find it. The premise behind this product is that it simply binds particles so that they fall onto the gravel and you can just gravel vac it all up. Hopefully, someone at your lfs is knowledgable about a good product.

Hi :) ,

just have a little patienece and your water will clear :nod: .

If you are in the process of cycling then your tank is probably having a big bacterial bloom.

I would guess (i haven't personally fishless cycled) that if you follow the cycle methodically your bloom should happen firstly just after/during your ammonia spike and then again after your nitrite spike.

following this your water should settle and become crystal clear (on the basis you have good filtration of course :whistle: )

steve 8)

i did some tests yesterday, ammonia 0.25, nitrite depending if has the light on it could be between 0.25/1.0 and nitrate 40/80. Dunno if thats normal, the day before when i tested the results were 0

:*) this but i had the filter slightly above the water line to create a waterful effect so the water could mix/oxergen faster and i believe it was that.. i turned the power down and put it under the water line and 2 hrs later the water is almost clear again so yeah that was why my water was all misty

:*) :*) :*)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back