Cloudy Eye

Reaction score
In my 125l (see sig for details) one of my Dwarf Neon Blue Rainbows has cloudy eyes - no other fish affected. There is no protrusion to the eyes. Its about a week now since it was first spotted; it isnt getting any better or worse. The fish itself seems to prefer the surface of the tank a lot more than normal and is no longer hanging about with its tank mate.

Water quality is fine - 10ppm Nitrate, 0ppm Ammonia, 0ppm Nitrite, ph 7.7 however there was an ammonia spike about 2 weeks before this problem surfaced due to overfeeding algae wafers to the plecs. Although the water problem was quickly rectified could this be related even after 2 weeks?

I have started adding vitamin supplements to the tank to see if that improves anything.

I know the problem can be caused by quite a few things so im not sure what the cause could be.

Anyone any ideas?

from what I read the other day it could also be a kidney infecrion. (gram pos.) If I understood it right, that is what pop eye starts with. I could have misunderstood though. Sorry. That wasn't much help was it?

Most reactions

Back