Clamped Fins

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

An hour and a half is better then 8 hours. lol I want more snow up here. It's supposed to be warm for christmas. I don't want it to be xD

got my test kit today. It's the API Master Test Kit. I'll test out the water tomorrow. I don't feel up to messing around with chemicals tonight. I don't want an accident.

Ok.
Post results if you don't mind.

Okay, mostly happy with it but the pH results came out a bit wonky. I think I did something wrong with it. I did the regular test first and it came out 7.6 but when I did the high pH it came out at 7.4? Can I assume that means 7.5 or should I retest?

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10

Can I assume the nitrate is high and that I should find a way to lower it? I'm going to test our tap water to see if it's got nitrate in it before I try lowering it by daily water changes. Then I'm going to see if walmart carries nitrate-lock. they should, I hope.

EDIT: Also, is it safe to remove the cartride from the old filter now that I know the water quality?

There not a big difference in the ph so I wouldn't worry.

Your nitrate reading quite good.

Okay, cool. So, besides the only platy who I know died from new tank syndrome, would it be safe to assume I got a bad batch from the pet store then and it's not actually my water quality?

If so, that would do a lot into restoring my interest in the hobby.

If a fish is stressed due to the journey, new tank, and enviroment, it soon can become ill.
You can only blame the lfs if the fish was already ill when they sold it to you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back