Cichlids Wanted

Big_eyes

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ideally looking for two of each of the above.

Would need to be posted as I'm without a car at the minute.

Have you checked out Wildwoods (Tropical Fish Finder UK), as they have both species available at the moment (or they did when I last looked a week ago), usually good quality fish, well packed and delivered on time.

http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/

Have you checked out Wildwoods (Tropical Fish Finder UK), as they have both species available at the moment (or they did when I last looked a week ago), usually good quality fish, well packed and delivered on time.

http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/

Couldn't find them on there earlier, maybe I'm just being a retard. Emailed them though to ask if they have them available. :good:

They definately have blue acara's, but I they dont seem to have any tapajos, look under Cichlid, South American Acaras and Cichlid, South American Geophagines.

He emailed me back an they have both types in stock :hyper:

The tapajo's are £20 each :crazy:

But they're worth it :D

I paid £7 for my Tapajos (Harling based Swallow Aquatics)...£20 is ridiculous... I could have got 3 or 4 for that...depending on the mood of the staff

Where do you live?

Granted though they are still worth the money but they're adding a lot on top, does that include postage/packaging?

I paid £7 for my Tapajos (Harling based Swallow Aquatics)...£20 is ridiculous... I could have got 3 or 4 for that...depending on the mood of the staff

Where do you live?

Granted though they are still worth the money but they're adding a lot on top, does that include postage/packaging?

Hiya, I forgot to look into shipping.

Aaaaaaand I just did :blink: ..........£18.95 for shipping on top of that! :X

Ok they aren't worth that much.

I'm in cumbria btw.

I was just wondering whether there was a Swallow Aquatics near you but they're all down south...

For the money they are charging I would just wait until you can get to a LFS at some point in the future, surely there are some decent ones up your neck of the woods?

I was just wondering whether there was a Swallow Aquatics near you but they're all down south...

For the money they are charging I would just wait until you can get to a LFS at some point in the future, surely there are some decent ones up your neck of the woods?

I don't really know to be honest. I only have one half decent one in town who can order fish in for me, however expects me to purchase at least 5 of whatever fish I am looking for. :sad:

As for others further out, I am struggling as I have no car to travel about at the moment. Will have to google about and ask questions I think. Will pm dave_oddballs too, he'll probably know somewhere half decent.

I don't really know to be honest. I only have one half decent one in town who can order fish in for me, however expects me to purchase at least 5 of whatever fish I am looking for. :sad:

As for others further out, I am struggling as I have no car to travel about at the moment. Will have to google about and ask questions I think. Will pm dave_oddballs too, he'll probably know somewhere half decent.

Skip on the blue acara and get 5 red tapajos :)

I love both fish but I am let to believe the having a fair few geo's is the best way to go with them...I can't say much though, I only have 1 right now...

Skip on the blue acara and get 5 red tapajos :)

I love both fish but I am let to believe the having a fair few geo's is the best way to go with them...I can't say much though, I only have 1 right now...

To be honest you're tapping into a little thought that is sitting in the back of my mind there. I think I would rather have a bigger group of tapajo's. It's just finding them somewhere that delivers at a decent price really :sad:

To be honest you're tapping into a little thought that is sitting in the back of my mind there. I think I would rather have a bigger group of tapajo's. It's just finding them somewhere that delivers at a decent price really :sad:

Can't you get 5 from your local LFS? you wrote:

I only have one half decent one in town who can order fish in for me, however expects me to purchase at least 5 of whatever fish I am looking for. :sad:

Just a thought, sounds like a plan that might work to me :)

Nobody local can get these tapajo's for me. I've decided to skip on the blue acara's for now.

In fact both lfs' pulled a funny face and hadn't got a clue what they were. Still waiting for one to finish looking into them, not hopeful though.

So far then I only know where I can buy them at a small fortune :sad:

Anyone any ideas?

Most reactions

Back