Cichlids V Silver Mollies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Strelik111

Reaction score
Hi All

I've got a tank with some Cichlids in it and someone is offering me three silver mollies,

Are they compatible in the same tank??

Regards

Davie

Hi

Its a twenty gallon tank with seven Cichlids and a plek

The cichlids are Malawi

I'm also thinking about a selection of the following but not all of them as I'm conscious of Tank Size v Fish Numbers

Neons

Siamese Fighter

Regards and thanks

Davie

your just asking for trouble, your cichlids will have a happy meal with that mix

Generaly the malawi's you seen in your LFS are the more aggresive rock dwelling species which are both too aggresive and too large for a 20gal.
Go with the neons and betta if you like (though i don't see the attraction myself). You could also go with one of the smaller less aggresive south amreican cichlids such as rams, keyholes or apistogramma

defo not dont put anyting in with malawi and definatley not a sia fighter the plec is fine but nothing but malawis mate

20gallon's......with malawi that would be a bad move..........they are aggressive cichlid's......what type of plec do you have?
Siamese Fighter and neon's would not fair well in that tank aswell, sorry.....least you asked before doing it :good:

anything that you put into your tank that is samller than the malawi will just go to fishy heaven and even if you did manage to get them to live before they where a tasty treat for your malawi what would you feed them as you feed malawi cichlid food and tropical tropical food malawi need Sprinula flakes, or some kind of Sprinula food whilst the tropical wudnt really benifit from this

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back