Chocolate covered lamb chops????

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
IMG_4922.jpeg

We have ā€œregular lambā€ in the freezerā€¦ not sure if itā€™s a ewe lamb, or ram lamb, but this one has a good chance of missing out on the freezerā€¦

Chocolate covered lamb chops????

I have actually tried chocolate on lamb chops, it needed salt to be edible and had a very interesting flavor. Not something I will do again.
But the little lambs are cute :)

:band: " Whoooa Black Betty, ram-a-lamb!".......

I'll see myself out šŸ˜¬

Gah!! It's so adorable!

I love lamb as a meat, it's a rare favourite treat, with mint sauce of course, and I was wondering if I could bring myself to try it cooked in chocolate (some weird flavour combos do work, after all, and I'll try most anything once!) but when I see the freaking adorable, real living lambs, I feel bad for finding them so delicious!

Has this little cutie been named yet? :D

Did the mama ewe have two lambs? One white and one chocolate? Or is that white one another ewe's baby?

I think one white and one chocolate, but we got 3 new lambs yesterday, and I was only out there for chores, and all the mommas were hungry, so it was a little hard to tell whose were whoseā€¦ I expect, one had twins, and one a single, we had 2 new white lambs, and one chocolate, so Iā€™m not sure who was the singleā€¦ one of our 1st ewes, was mothering both a white lamb and the chocolate, is why I expect it was a twinā€¦.
As a rule, We donā€™t name the lambs that are raised to eat, but itā€™s possible this one may never see the freezerā€¦
A buddy who knows my rule, thought, if we were going to keep this one, we should name it Herseyā€¦

Last edited:
Gah!! It's so adorable!

I love lamb as a meat, it's a rare favourite treat, with mint sauce of course, and I was wondering if I could bring myself to try it cooked in chocolate (some weird flavour combos do work, after all, and I'll try most anything once!) but when I see the freaking adorable, real living lambs, I feel bad for finding them so delicious!

Has this little cutie been named yet? :D
You don't name your food. Other people can name your food but you don't name your own.
eg: Thomas the cat was very tasty and belonged to some people up the road :werewolf:

I think one white and one chocolate, but we got 3 new lambs yesterday day, and I was only out there for chores, and all the mommas were hungry, so it as a little hard to tell whose were whoseā€¦ I expect, one had twins, and one a single, we had 2 new white lambs, and one chocolate, so Iā€™m not sure who was the singleā€¦ one of our 1st ewes, was mothering both a white lamb and the chocolate, is why I expect it was a twinā€¦.
As a rule, We donā€™t name the lambs that are raised to eat, but itā€™s possible this one may never see the freezerā€¦
A buddy who knows my rule, thought, if we were going to keep this one, we should name it Herseyā€¦

Haha, I know the general farming/homesteading rule not to name food animals, because you don't want to get attached! But when a rare or unique one comes along, especially if you have kidlets, it's harder not to have at least a nickname pop into existence! Which is why I asked if this one had been named, since you mentioned s/he might not make it to the freezer! so if you've named them, I knew that would be a sign that this one is a keeper :lol:

Is it a boy or a girl? At least if it's a female, you can mentally justify keeping it as breeding stock, and the fact that you're already having names suggested is a sign that you might be stuck keeping this cutie! ;)

We we also do beef, early on, we got 2 calves to raise for the freezerā€¦ Mrs asked me if we could name them, I thought a moment, and said sureā€¦ that one is ā€œT-boneā€ and that one is Cheeseburgerā€¦ the names stuck, and I think thatā€™s the last cats we named, that were destined for the freezer

Did I see a the back of a goat head in one of the lamb pics too?

Most reactions

trending

Back