Chiclids

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

eragon

Reaction score
how many chiclids could i have in a 30g?

dont hate the playa hate da game its in

You're kinda limited as far as cichlids go. Make sure you look through the profiles, a lot of good info there.

Do some research on Convicts, Firemouths, and Angels, just an idea for a start. If possible go for a 55, alot more options. Just make sure you do massive research on each fish before deciding. Trust me you won't regret it. :good:

Well most of them grow big so its going to be limited

maybe couple angel , fiemouth , maybe a servium

check at the top of the post where the pinned are

lots of info up there ---

it would say

30 gal good for about everything but cichlids

sorry check the pins at top of page

Nonsense..... not good for cichlids..... Plenty of dwarf cichlids to choose from and many with wonderful personalities. Most can be placed in a communtiy of fish and everyone will be happy. Rams and apistos seem to be the two most common.

Convicts could work as well but if you have a breeding pair, then only the pair in the tank as when they spawn (and they will over and over and over...) they become so protective of the eggs that they will def kill everything else in a 30G. Another member had a 350G tank with a pair of convicts in it. That pair dominted the tank filled with a GT, an Oscar, and several other convicts. So that shows to the extent of how protective they will be. But you could have just one and a few other community type fish, something durable and stout enough to hold its own against a cichlid, a pleco and some cats for instance.

u can put, a pair of convicts or a BREEDING pair of firemouths and thats all

(there is no way u can put a sev in there )

no i dont think so, male convicts are bigger than a firemouth, well the male convict at the LFS. so i would say firemouths

Cons and FM's actually reach the same adult size at something around 6". If the tank is 3 feet long, you could probably get away with a mated pair of either.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back