Channel Cat

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

adrock718

Reaction score
hey ive had my channel cat felix for about 3 weeks now......he shares his home with 3 baby red eared sliders 4 silver dollars 4 tiger barbs and a tiger pleco.....recently ive noticed little red flesh colored soars on his tail and on his front fin.....could he have something? i dont think the turtles had anything 2 do with it, i havnt seen them interact at all....
another question i have is today i fed the turtles minnos and a peice fell in front of felix and he swallowed it hole and his belly looked huge...is that normal?

What temperature is your tank kept at? Channel cats are not lovers of warm water and preffer to be kept at room temperature or below, they are more of a pond fish than a aquarium fish. If your tank is too warm then it could be affecting your channel cats health.

Channel cats are predators and will eat any fish or bits of fish that come near them, like most predatory catfish they can expand their stomachs to enable them to eat prey up to 1/3 their own size.

LOL,
Do you realize that those red-eared sliders will happily take a bite out of that catfish. They could possibly be the cause of your problems. They are not as voracios as snapping turtles mind you but they are fish eaters just the same.
Signed,
Sondan

my tank is kept relatively warm about 78 degrees or so......i keep it at that temp for the turtles and the other fish......and i really dont think its the turtles that are chomping away at him...ive never seen them go near him and i watch all the time

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back