Channa Orientalis

oooo nasty!
£40 would of been a good deal considering its an sp. platinum not a punctata!
Hehe
Na i think the orientalis are extremely good looking channa, i was just curious thats all!
How big do they get? Similar size to bleheri? I need to get some more bleheri actually if anyone knows of any for sale? Small ones preferably!
I think its brilliant how channa are becoming more popular! (and i meen any channa simon! Hehe) there is absolutely no reason why more people couldnt keep these fish!
They are colorful, very entertaining, stunning variety to choose from and against most peoples beliefs can make supprisingly good inhabitants in selected aquariums! What more could one need from an aquatic companion!

Dave was at my mates house today whos a channa keeper and he some Bleheri in World of Water anchester way I thin it may be in Timperley. £15 each

I think its brilliant how channa are becoming more popular! (and i meen any channa simon! Hehe) there is absolutely no reason why more people couldnt keep these fish!
They are colorful, very entertaining, stunning variety to choose from and against most peoples beliefs can make supprisingly good inhabitants in selected aquariums! What more could one need from an aquatic companion!

Agreed :good: They are a fish I didnt know existed before I saw Nelly's posts a few months back. They are brilliant fish to own, great little personalities, beautiful, unusual & a real talking point.

I'm hoping to expand my channa collection soon, not sure which ones to choose yet, they will have to go in a 3ft I think, so prob about 160ltrs. I would love to have a Channa room one day, but the only space left is the garage, which will need a fair bit of work, so would have to wait for a lottery win lol

channa bankanensis is my next mini project, iam such a sucker for channa just can't walk away, they max around 6-7inche's...however are tropical and deffo need a specie's tank from what ive heard and read.....

this is becoming quite a nice thread :)

i think i will keep orientalis! i asked mum, and held out strong!

and i won her over i believe xD

now hurry up holidays :p although its pointless me being there! finished my AS levels, and 5 weeks of fun as no textbooks until we get back lol

hey guys

Firstly I want to thank nelly, who had kindly scouted out some orintalis but I couldn't take them :( but I really do appreciate it! I will hopefully be clearing out my tank inhabitants in a month; and get some channe orientalis! But first my tank

20gallon
Has UGF and a rear 3 stage filter (massive sponge, littlesponge, ceramic rings carbon and filter floss)
Been running for 6 Months with no problems =]

1) how many can I keep? Just a pair?
2) any other fish able to join them? Or is the tank too small?
3) RTP is good? So 22 EEG celcius?
4) need to cover surface with plants as they don't like too much light?

I understand channa orientalis don't love water change, so this will be kept to one 25% water change every 2 months, does that sound fine?

Thanks guys, I'm so excited lol

1- you could keep a pair and maybe have a spawn if your not into the breeding thing then you could get 3
2- channa's can be aggresive little buggers (its a shame, theyre so cute :blush:) if i were you i'd just add chaanas in they're own species tank
3- dont really know what you mean
4-yeah, deffo there

probably to keep things wright do 40% water changes, the tank might get ammonia spike and dead fish :(

hey JRD =]

i meant will room temperature at 22C be okay for them ^^

thanks alot for the help guys :good:

i saw one going for a fiver the other day :X

Orientalis are tropical , not sure what is classed as tropcial though:( mine are in at 26oC atm

will get some more tomorrow if i get time , got fight night round 4 so playing that since got in from work.

Theyre going good, sometimes chase each other but apart from that theyre good dont bother the other tank mates. Ones growing a bit faster than the others .

will get some more tomorrow if i get time , got fight night round 4 so playing that since got in from work.

Theyre going good, sometimes chase each other but apart from that theyre good dont bother the other tank mates. Ones growing a bit faster than the others .

aww thanks!

they sound brilliant! :wub:

hey guys

Firstly I want to thank nelly, who had kindly scouted out some orintalis but I couldn't take them :( but I really do appreciate it! I will hopefully be clearing out my tank inhabitants in a month; and get some channe orientalis! But first my tank

20gallon
Has UGF and a rear 3 stage filter (massive sponge, littlesponge, ceramic rings carbon and filter floss)
Been running for 6 Months with no problems =]

1) how many can I keep? Just a pair?
2) any other fish able to join them? Or is the tank too small?
3) RTP is good? So 22 EEG celcius?
4) need to cover surface with plants as they don't like too much light?

I understand channa orientalis don't love water change, so this will be kept to one 25% water change every 2 months, does that sound fine?

Thanks guys, I'm so excited lol

1- you could keep a pair and maybe have a spawn if your not into the breeding thing then you could get 3
2- channa's can be aggresive little buggers (its a shame, theyre so cute :blush:) if i were you i'd just add chaanas in they're own species tank
3- dont really know what you mean
4-yeah, deffo there

probably to keep things wright do 40% water changes, the tank might get ammonia spike and dead fish :(

My Orientalis are not aggressive in the slightest, had them 15 months or so got three together and thyget on fine!!

Most reactions

Back