Catfish Convention 2006

Inchy, if you see this before you go, tell Ian to hurry home. i want my new corys LOL !!

Hello Spooky

I meet Inchworm today and Ian, and I tell him that I want to buy all his cory :lol: :lol: [ Sold out no more for Sp00ky] Just kidding.

It is very nice talking with him, Inchworm don't have a chance chat with him yet, maybe after dinner time or tomorrow.

I will pass your massage to Inchworm and will tell Ian to hurry home to give your Corys.
I wish he could bring some of his cory to U.S.A.

Today Ian speaking about Identifying Corydoradines.
Tomorrow subject will be Breeding Corydoradines.

Inchy, if you see this before you go, tell Ian to hurry home. i want my new corys LOL !!

Hello Spooky

I meet Inchworm today and Ian, and I tell him that I want to buy all his cory :lol: :lol: [ Sold out no more for Sp00ky] Just kidding.

It is very nice talking with him, Inchworm don't have a chance chat with him yet, maybe after dinner time or tomorrow.

I will pass your massage to Inchworm and will tell Ian to hurry home to give your Corys.

LOL, thanks for the reply PC ;)

Hello Spooky

LOL, thanks for the reply PC ;)

Hello Sp00ky

I told Inchworm and pass message to her and also tell Ian that you want him to hurry back to UK, he smile!!

Inchworm will leaving the Convention this afternoon and she should be back in this evening.

I have a nice time talking with her and meet Coryologist3 [Frank] he is very nice person and enjoy meeting him.

Well I will going back to the Convention, today an auction day and will see what is a good catch :lol:

Hello Sp00ky

I told Inchworm and pass message to her and also tell Ian that you want him to hurry back to UK, he smile!!

Inchworm will leaving the Convention this afternoon and she should be back in this evening.

I have a nice time talking with her and meet Coryologist3 [Frank] he is very nice person and enjoy meeting him.

Well I will going back to the Convention, today an auction day and will see what is a good catch :lol:
Greetings,

I am back home from the convention and I must tell you that I had the best time of my life. Got to meet Inchworm, who was as nice in person as she is here on the Forum. I guess I also met PC1963, but not by that name. Was that Prayoun? (I know I got that wrong).

Brought home a beautiful group of of an as yet unidentified Cory species. The first group in the U.S. They are spectacular. I have had one in the photo tank for over 2 hours and it has not stopped swimming for a single second. Hopefully I'll have a pic, later tonight.

It's nice to be home, but I would have enjoyed a few more days of that. :) :) :) - Frank

Hello Sp00ky

Greetings,

I am back home from the convention and I must tell you that I had the best time of my life. Got to meet Inchworm, who was as nice in person as she is here on the Forum. I guess I also met PC1963, but not by that name. Was that Prayoun? (I know I got that wrong).

Brought home a beautiful group of of an as yet unidentified Cory species. The first group in the U.S. They are spectacular. I have had one in the photo tank for over 2 hours and it has not stopped swimming for a single second. Hopefully I'll have a pic, later tonight.

It's nice to be home, but I would have enjoyed a few more days of that. :) :) :) - Frank

Hello Frank

Yes, I did have a great time to meeting you and Inchworm [Just drop her at the Airport] she should be back home soon.

Wonderfull people and verynice wellcome to newcomer.

Thank you verymuch to give me a chance to own very nice Cory fish that many people wish to own it. And wonderfull knowleadge that you have.

Please enjoy with your new find Cory species and good luck with all.

Thank you, PC1963 [Prayoon]

Hi Everyone!

I just arrived home after a having a great time this weekend. It was so good to meet Frank, garraty, Ian, and so many of the other catfish folks I have only known online.

I especially want to thank PC1963 for making the convention so much fun, and for giving me a ride to the airport. Wait until he tells you about all the corys he came home with!

When I got in I found that three of my AquaClear filters have shut down, so I have to get them going again and do some water changes. I'll be back later to talk more. :D

Im glad everyone had a good time and made it home safely. I look forward to hearing more about it and seeing some pictures :good:

Hi Everyone!

I just arrived home after a having a great time this weekend. It was so good to meet Frank, garraty, Ian, and so many of the other catfish folks I have only known online.

I especially want to thank PC1963 for making the convention so much fun, and for giving me a ride to the airport. Wait until he tells you about all the corys he came home with!

When I got in I found that three of my AquaClear filters have shut down, so I have to get them going again and do some water changes. I'll be back later to talk more. :D

Hello Inchworm

So glad that you arrived back at home safe and I do enjoy meet you and spending time this weekend. Well I got big order and delivery to the Convention it is too much to listing.

-Corydoras adolfoi
- Corydoras axelrodi
- Corydoras concolor
- Corydoras duplicareus
- Corydoras gossei
- Corydoras loretoensis
- Corydoras leucomelas
- Cory loxozonus
- Cory pinheiroi
- Cory robinae
- Corydoras similis
- Corydoras virginiae

Also thank again to Corylogist [Frank] let me have a chance to get some of the Wild cought C. Weitzmani but he got a good big Mama C. Weitzmani home with him, hope to here about spawn from this big one.

:good: :good: :good:

Hi Everyone!

Hello Inchworm

So glad that you arrived back at home safe and I do enjoy meet you and spending time this weekend. Well I got big order and delivery to the Convention it is too much to listing.

-Corydoras adolfoi
- Corydoras axelrodi
- Corydoras concolor
- Corydoras duplicareus
- Corydoras gossei
- Corydoras loretoensis
- Corydoras leucomelas
- Cory loxozonus
- Cory pinheiroi
- Cory robinae
- Corydoras similis
- Corydoras virginiae

Also thank again to Corylogist [Frank] let me have a chance to get some of the Wild cought C. Weitzmani but he got a good big Mama C. Weitzmani home with him, hope to here about spawn from this big one.

:good: :good: :good:

Wow, thats quite a list! Very impressive :D

Hi Prayoon,

It was great meeting you, too. How could I say no to such a nice person about the C. weitzmani? Remember - you owe me. Big time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Roxy,

So glad to hear that you are home, safe and sound. Hope the filter issue was not a disaster. :-(

Had the opportunity to pick up a dozen of what we believe is the first shipment into the U.S. of a new Corydoras specie. Ian Fuller was at the convention, speaking - of course, and said that the paper naming the fish will be released in December. Supposedly, it is native to the same area as C. weitzmani. It is a beautiful fish. Extremely active. I placed it in the photo tank and it was 4 hours before it took a break from swimming and only then to root through the substrate. When kept in a bare-bottomed tank, painted black - it shows slate gray on its flanks. When placed on natural substrate, the gray disappears within minutes, almost chameleonlike. More info to follow. - Frank

P.S. They are currently being called: Corydoras teniente on export list and are averaging $50 U.S. per fish

Here are some pics of my new unidentified Corydoras specie. They are simply, stunning!

corydoras_unk_1a_lq.jpg

corydoras_unk_2a_lq.jpg

Whew! There's nothing like having to do a little crisis management after spending a few days at a convention and then taking a nice plane trip home. :hyper:

My neighbors told me that the electric went out very briefly on Friday night, so the three filters that didn't start back up were running without circulation since then. The motors were very hot and I don't trust the bacteria in them, so I turned them off and did a big water change on the tanks involved. Then I moved a good box filter from another tank into the 55 gallon, put bits and pieces of filter floss from some of my other tanks into a new AquaClear 50 on the 30 gallon tanks, and did the same with another a box filter for the 20 gallon that was out. It's not an ideal fix, but it will help until I can sort things out better tomorrow. All the fish seem OK, but it will take a while to be sure.

_____
Hi Coryologist :)

Your new corys are magnificent! :thumbs: :clap: They look nice and healthy too. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of them with us. :thanks: I suspect you'll have them spawning looooong before I ever see them for sale anywhere. I was so glad to meet you too. I had a lot of fun. :D (Oh, and thank you for your kind words about me on this thread. :blush: )

_____
Hi Barracuda518 :)

It's too bad we didn't get to see you at this convention, but it looks like they're going to have another one in two years, so plan to save up some vacation days for it. You'll be glad you did. :D

_____
Hi PC1963 :)

Wow! I knew you got a lot of corys, but just seeing that long list is amazing! I hope they all do well for you and look forward to seeing some pictures of them. Your big tanks must be quite a sight with all those corys! :D

_____
Hi Sp00ky :)

PC1963 gave me your message and I spoke to Mr. Fuller. He remembered you, :nod: but he's going to be over here for a few more days. You're so lucky to be able to buy fish from him! :D

Nice trip for you folks. Hope all the fish were safe and turn out to be well when all is said and done. Don't know how I missed this thread so long.

Most reactions

Back