Casper's Brand New House

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic said:
what plant is the 3rd pic up from the bottom of your pics?   does is need a lot of light and ferts and co2?---looking for a background plant for my tank

Cabomba caroliniana

Okay so it's bee about 5 hours since Casper is in the tank and it has cleared out nicely. He seems very curious about everything new, he tries to go trhough the plants but then he gets scares. I guess he's not too sure about it yet but it's lovely to watch him, a little blob of redness in the middle of so much green. He seems delighted! I'm going to try to add the rocks tomorrow about lunch time or so and I'll post updates and maybe photos.
I'm thinking of buying an algae eater as well, maybe I'll visit the LFS next week.

Today I put in some rocks, here's how it looks:

tumblr_myy9up7g891qfjde8o1_500.jpg

Casper seems to love the plants, sometimes goes through them and sometimes stays there just looking at them like he's so proud of his little garden.
For now this is how it's going to stay. I'm going back to school tomorrow after holidays and I'm not intending on changing the tank until I finish my exams, which means I will only change it around Easter time. I'm going to keep up with the water changes and all and I'm going to save some money to buy more plants to fill it up a bit more and also to buy some Rasboras to be Casper's tankmates. I will buy the plants and the Rasboras at the same time so that there's more hiding places for the fishies and also to change the tank a bit so that Casper gets along with the new fishes a bit better. I will have a back up tank in case they don't work out so well together. So there are my plans. Hopefully I'll post some updates once in awhile.

the tank looks great! i bet casper is greatful fot all of that space.
remember when you add the rasboras you take casper OUT. that way it wont be like they invaded his territory. the new fish will be more like furniture :)

Sorry if you have previously mentioned this, but what type of rasboras are you wanting to add?

Blondielovesfish said:
Sorry if you have previously mentioned this, but what type of rasboras are you wanting to add?

I read that they are from the same biotopes so I thought it would be fine to add any rasboras? But I was thinking of harlequin rasboras, are those okay?

Sorry, but I'd say they're too active for your tank, they need 3 foot long tanks as a minimum.
You could instead have lambchop rasboras, as they're smaller but look almost identical. 

You could possibly try mosquito or chilli rasboras, I'm hoping to have a tank with these in the future.
You could safely have 20 in your tank. 
Do make sure to research them however, as they do need particular care in terms of feeding. They also appreciate densely planted tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back