🐠 TOTM CaptainBarnicles - February Tank of the Month Winner (31 gal & larger)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

How do you feel about otocinclus? And other fish with giant suckermouths?
I don't mind otos because they're so dinky but the big suckers freak me out. I think it's a phobia I have that has probably come from the first time I saw a lamprey 😭 terrified me as a child.

I don't mind otos because they're so dinky but the big suckers freak me out. I think it's a phobia I have that has probably come from the first time I saw a lamprey 😭 terrified me as a child.
You know what? I almost asked if you'd seen a lamprey, or pics of one, as a kid! They're genuinely terrifying looking even as an adult, so I can see that being frightening for a kid.

Like the film Arachnophobia! Really good film, creepy imagery, but funny film to watch now. But my mum was convinced that my fear of spiders was because my dad let me watch that film while I was still too young! Maybe seeing Tremors with Kevin Bacon had a similar effect on you? I loved that film, but I was half convinced that Graboids could be real when I was a kid, lol.

Aaww, I feel bad for all the pleco teasing now! Even though you have a good sense of humour about it. It's not pleco hate, it's plecophobia! :sad::friends:

Must be a sucky-phobia to have (sorry, I had to)

she's gonna kick our butts the next time we do something wrong :)

I'm gonna carry a bag of plecos everywhere I go now, like wearing garlic to ward off vampires, I now carry plecos to ward off Captains :)

Good thing I'm a grown up and have a decent sense of humour! I'm not afraid of plecos or have the urge to run away with a scream, I just don't like to look at them.

Thanks again to all who entered and voted 😁

Good thing I'm a grown up and have a decent sense of humour! I'm not afraid of plecos or have the urge to run away with a scream, I just don't like to look at them.

Thanks again to all who entered and voted 😁
Oh isn't that nice, she thinks she's a big girl now. All that moderator power has gone to her head.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water and clean the tank.
der duh, der duh, der duh,
dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum
der deh, der duh,
diddler, attack of the pleco

Most reactions

Back