varadero

Reaction score
1 X male betta
6 X celestial pearl danios and/or 6 X scarlet badis
3 red cherry shrimp
3 cardinal shrimp
1 X ancistrus

In a biorb life 45 litre

Yes and no. No because the betta may reject any tank mates and I wouldn't put 6 scarlet badis in a biorb :eek:uch: also I'm pretty sure ancistrus catfish get huge! They will NOT fit in here. Also I thought cardinal shrimp were saltwater, but maybe not. I'd be looking at something like this:

1 male Betta
6 celestial pearl danios
10 cherry shrimp
Cardinal shrimp if these are freshwater.....
2-3 nerite snails

Hi.

Unfortunately, the male betta will likely attack and eat the shrimp. The danios, whilst being rekatively small, are very active and require and long tank. With 6 scarlett baddis aswelll as the rest of the stock, the tank will be overstocked. Possible stocking possibilities could be--
1- 1x male betta, 6x neon/ cardinal tetra etc

2. 6x neon/ cardinal tetra etc

3- Shrimp, 6x neon/ cardinal tetra etc

4-6x scarlett badis

Unfortunately, the shape and size of your tank really limits what you can keep :good:

I wouldn't keep a bristlenose in a small, spherical tank :no:

I wouldn't want to be keeping 6 scarlet badis in one though either :shout: also depends on the bettas temperament, he may like shrimp!

Yes, but that doesn't mean they'll be happy in there just because they're small enough to fit :good:

I wouldn't call this any sort of debate, I'm just stating I don't think 6 scarlet badis would be happy in a small biorb tank ;)

No offence meant but I'm not a fan of tetras, any other suitable fish with a male betta?

It's not the sphere biorb like you've suggested, it's a 12 gallon and from what I've read bristlenose plecos are suitable in 10 gallons as long as you don't have more than one. This is my tank

life%20stand3.JPG

It's a shame because I was really keen on getting a few celestial pearl danios, are you 100% sure they can't be kept in a tank like this? :(

Oh now that I see what the tank looks like..... I'd do

1 male Betta
5 endlers
10 cherry shrimp
5 nerite snails

No don't do the bristlenose as this is a tall tank, not a long tank.

Bristlenose are fantastic at pooing, so I would say no to one in a tank that small. I personally would say no to a group of badis too, more on the grounds of they prefer live foods, and knowing how piggish betta can be, I can see one out competing any badis. Badis can also be quite territorial from what I've read, which is why they do better in a longer tank- there's more room for different territories and more room to add plants and bogwood, etc. to break the line of sight. Just because a fish is small doesn't mean it will do well in a small tank ;)

If you're worried about the betta eating any cherry shrimp, why not go for a smaller group of ammano shrimp? They're fantastic little creatures and are really fascinating to watch!

Man of fish :good:

Bristlenose are fantastic at pooing, so I would say no to one in a tank that small. I personally would say no to a group of badis too, more on the grounds of they prefer live foods, and knowing how piggish betta can be, I can see one out competing any badis. Badis can also be quite territorial from what I've read, which is why they do better in a longer tank- there's more room for different territories and more room to add plants and bogwood, etc. to break the line of sight. Just because a fish is small doesn't mean it will do well in a small tank ;)

If you're worried about the betta eating any cherry shrimp, why not go for a smaller group of ammano shrimp? They're fantastic little creatures and are really fascinating to watch!

Yes, I have also been considering armano shrimp as they're a bigger but I liked the colourful ones better. They are very cool though.

Another thing I've been considering is a couple of dwarf orange crayfish, would they work in this tank?

Only one, and nothing could go with it, but personally I can't see it working in here as this is a tall tank, as I expressed and a not a regular long 10 gallon tank. Also have you cycled the tank using a proper fishless cycle?

Only one, and nothing could go with it, but personally I can't see it working in here as this is a tall tank, as I expressed and a not a regular long 10 gallon tank. Also have you cycled the tank using a proper fishless cycle?

Yes, I plan on a fishless cycle.

Most reactions

Back