Can someone identify this spot on my Angelfish for me?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lindabrooke

Reaction score
My male angelfish has this white spot on his nose http://imgur.com/a/3Bqkf and I'm unsure of what it is, is someone able to identify it for me?
Please ignore the algae, I'm having a serious black algae outbreak and haven't had time to take care of it just yet. Thanks so much!

I cant tell for sure. In the second photo by its eye looks like could be ich. Is there any flashing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I cant tell for sure. In the second photo by its eye looks like could be ich. Is there any flashing?

I'm pretty sure it's not ich. No other spots on him or any of the other fish, no flashing, parameters are good. It almost looks like a piece of rice?

Im not sure I was looking at spot by eye

I saw two white spots, maybe he could be missing a scale. Have you noticed any aggression towards him from other fish or maybe he bumped into some decor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure I was looking at spot by eye

Yeah, that's the spot in question!
I saw two white spots, maybe he could be missing a scale. Have you noticed any aggression towards him from other fish or maybe he bumped into some decor

He's normally the aggressor if there's aggression, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary but maybe he is missing a scale. I actually didn't notice the other white spot until you pointed it out, when I get home I'll try to give him a good look over and see how the spots are looking. I'm just so concerned it's a fungus of some sort that will continue to spread =/.

Yeah, that's the spot in question!

He's normally the aggressor if there's aggression, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary but maybe he is missing a scale, I'm just so concerned it's a fungus of some sort that will continue to spread =/.

Im no expert but if you think it may be a fungus I would isolate him so that if it is he will not contaminate the other fish here is a site I looked on maybe this could help

@WillDuncan ; I'm afraid we can't allow posts copying information from other sites, there could be copyright issues.

OP; It doesn't look like fungus; that's usually fluffy.

My best guess is a bacterial infection; I'd recommend Myxazin, if you can get that where you are. I am a little worried that, with the whitish patch on it's head, this could, potentially, be the start of hole-in-the-head disease, which can be very difficult to treat.

What are your nitrate levels like?

@fluttermoth sorry for my transgression I was not aware of this next time I will send a link

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back