Can Melafix Be Used With Turtles ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Faythee

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a small slider turtle with a spot on each front paw. Looks like an infected wound. Melafix has worked great for my fish for minor things.....but not sure if it would be irritating to the turtle. We have been giving him the sulfa dips and it freaks him out and doesn't seem to be doing anything. If anyone knows.....let me know please ! Thank you.

Not really as it can irritate their eyes, how bad is the wound? this is going to sound silly, but if you can dry it a little and a dap of sudocrem (the stuff for babies) its waterproof. Never personally had to try it, but I remember someone telling me it works.

Not really as it can irritate their eyes, how bad is the wound? this is going to sound silly, but if you can dry it a little and a dap of sudocrem (the stuff for babies) its waterproof. Never personally had to try it, but I remember someone telling me it works.

It isn't bad....what is weird is the same shape/size on both of her paws. I found this link, saying it is safe: http://www.reptiledepot.com/newprod.html
However the label is different ???

Maybe I can just put some aquarium salt in the tank. I will look that up as well as the cream....thank you !

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back