Can I house a dwarf gourami with some guppies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bluegiraffes

Reaction score
I've heard they're peaceful fish that make great tank mates for guppies but I've also heard people say they can get territorial and will nip fins if they get "jealous" of their tank mates. Who is correct here? I'm planning on getting some male fancy guppies (about 3-5) and a dwarf gourami (plus a few ghost shrimp and a mystery snail). If gouramis are a bad idea, what fish should I get? I'm looking for one that's is similar in size/shape to a gourami to contrast the small, slender guppies.

Just my opinion.
No Gouramis like soft water while Guppies prefer hard water.

Agree. Also, both gourami and guppies can bee problems, they are opposite fish in other ways, such as activity--gourami are quiet and sedate, guppies active. Combining such fish does not work.

Before we can suggest fish, we will need to know the tank size, what you now have (species and number), and the water parameters (GH and pH especially).

I currently own a 10 gallon with no fish. Not sure about the hardness but pH is approx 6.7-7

Look at your water supplier's website, they should give your tap water hardness somewhere on there. You need the unit as well as the number as they could use any one of half a dozen different units.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back