Can I Feed The Fish Bananas?

Reaction score
We have alot of bananas left over from cooking, and I was wondering if I could put a slice in each of the fish tanks and give them a nibble. There are the danios in one tank, the betta in another, and the bala shark. Could they each have a bit of banana, or will it cause problems? If I can feed it to them, how long should I let it sit before I take it out (if they don't eat all of it)?

i think it will disipate in the water pretty fast and i wouldn't want banana in my fish tank.
:D

I would try it, cant really hurt anything really, try holding a slice in two fingers and see if they'll nibble at it from there. I wouldn't really put it in the tank and leave it as bananas have a high water content and would disintigrate fast.

Update: I put a piece in with the danios, and they went mad for it. :lol: Once thier bellies were full, they lost interest, and I took it out, as it was looking a little ragged. :lol:

I've fed bananas in the past- just tiny slivers, and had no problems. My platies eat them happily. I think the trick is to put in tiny quantities.

ROFL ure feeding fish bananas i cant even afford them myself here in australia cause of cyclone bananas are at least $14.95 a kg. i saw this person buy 8 bananas came to $28 bux she put them back. ROFL :lol:
havent ate bananas for like 5 months

When i go snorkelling or diving over reefs i often take bananas to feed to the fish - they usually go .... well bananas for them eating them out of your hand.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back