Can I Add Corys Now?

CoryLover95

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello!
I added some fish to my cycled 37 gal. aquarium about 3 weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I was lured into the LFS trap "You can add them all at once".  Most of the fish were fine, surprisingly, but all of the Corys died at once.  
sad.png
too bad, they are my favorite
sad.png

Anyway, I was wondering if I could add one or two Corys now.  What kinds would you recommend?  My LFS offers albinos, pepper & salt, green small, and green large.  I don't think I will do any other kinds because I don't want to have to drive a long way.
Thanks!
-CL95

That would be the first thing I'd do. If they had a disease particular to cory it may have been just that batch. Second, once you do add more cory, be sure to get at least 6 of any one type.

It was because of my ammonia.  I was testing with paper strips and just recently got the API kit.  The levels were a bit high a week or two ago, but they've settled down to 0 in the past week.

It could have been a bad batch, but when you say it was bit high, how much is a bit?
They may have been weak when you got them and the ammonia did them in.
When you get more, keep an eye on the stats to make sure the filter is keeping up.

And like This Old Spouse said, make sure you get a group of 6! at least!

Most reactions

Back