Can I add another gourami..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I have two sunset gouramis in my 65 gallon tank (with other various fish), and they get along great (most of the time just ignoring one another). I'd really like to get a honey gourami or two, but really have no idea if this would be ok or not. Everthing I read seems to contradict each other.

P.S. Are sunset gouramis dyed?

hmmm, it say's here that blue sunset gouramis and green sunset gouramis are dyed.
http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7123

It varies with each gourami as to whether they can get along or not. honey gouramis are semi-aggressive (as mostly all gouramis are) but your tank is fairly large so you may be able to pull it off.Rearranging to destroy territory might help them settle in quicker. Does your lfs have a return policy in case things go bad?

i'd never heard of a suset gourami until silver mentioned them...like wub said, it could work, but try move around soe decorations to break up current territories

Do you think it would help to get a pair, or would it just increase the chances of aggression?

My sunset gourami doesn't have any green or blue on it...do dyed fish "look" a certain way? I'm pretty sure I've noticed their orange intensify and subdue through out the day...can dyed fish do this?

Do they look like this?

honeydwarfgourami1.JPG

If so, they aren't dyed. Just a color morph and it probably explains why they are so calm, they are a color morph of honey gourami.

EDIT: Another picture
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=fnp...3D%26ie%3DUTF-8

It's not quite the same color...mine more resembled the ones in the pics in the link you gave. One has pretty much color all over that's a pretty bright orange, but the other is a little duller, with some almost white/clear near the dorsal fin.

Most reactions

trending

Back