Can Different Species Of Gourami Live Together?

well you might already have an issue. DGs ideally need multiple females per male to distribute the males 'attentions'. If not, you may very well find your female constantly harrassed, possibly leading to death.

well you might already have an issue. DGs ideally need multiple females per male to distribute the males 'attentions'. If not, you may very well find your female constantly harrassed, possibly leading to death.
I never knew! I already ordered my fish, do u think i should give it a chance and see how it goes. How about i get a pearl female. Will that work??

I wouldn't advise trying it out. It's pretty standard DG behaviour.

As for the pearl, I can't help....I'm not familiar if they can co-inhabit with DGs.

i have a dwarf gourami,a pearl gourami and a honey gourami.the pearl gourami harasses the dwarf gourami and the honey gourami so im having to get rid of it.its been going on for 3 weeks now but its got a lot worse and more frequent now.its weird tho as at night they both stay at the top together and alls good between them?? :unsure: sometimes it can work which ive seen but i think the size of the tank and decor can make a difference.well its not worked in my case :no:

A few years ago when I was much younger I got 2 DG the male harassed the female to death as Zoddy said but then went on to live 5 years by himself
unsure.gif

Zoddy is correct, you should have at least 2 females per male for Dwarf Gouramis. Depending on the size of your tank, you should be able to keep a Pair of Pearls as well just as long as they have enough space to define their own territories. Pearls are usually kept at 2 females per male but mine are doing fine. Maybe the fact that there's a mean Opaline female in the tank keeps the male Pearl in check?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back