Can Anyone Identify This Algae Please

Not the nitrAte in itself, but the high reading indicates your tank went through a lot of ammonia, which is normally a trigger for any algae. Ammonia is the easiest for the algae to use up and algae loves it. And on another hand, nitrAte tests are very inaccurate. Plus it probably means high phosphates too.
Try doing more water changes, at least for a period of time to help reduce the organics levels in the tank. Maybe reduce feeding as this all has impact when it comes to algae. Check the filters and give them a rinse in tank water. 

well done a 75% water change, scrubbed rocks best that I could and added a second filter, to help with circulation and remove ammonia.

cant think of anything else to do

Cichlids need algae as a supplement. What are they tanganyikan or malawi? Malawi Mbuna eat algae on rocks since lake malawi is full of algae growing on rocks

Maybe. Mine ate the brown algae on my aquarium.

they haven't touch either the green or the BBA as yet, anyway id rather get rid of the BBA all together. What it has done Is highlight a problem in the tank anyway, that the nitrates were too big

do a somewhat large water change to balance the universe in your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back