Camera Recommendations

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

thanks for your help joel, i'll have a look at that. if not i'll look for something with a similar spec and then I know it'll be half decent.

:)

Optical zoom is the best as no, or very little, detail is lost. Not sure whats around these days but 10x optical zoom is more than most people will need.

The fuji finepix range is pretty good:

For a little more than £100 look at this one:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/135359/art...s5600-zoom.html

Sure you can get a better price or bundles items if you look around.

I used to use this before moving to DSLR.

I would also back him up on the finepix 5000 i used this before going over to DSLR and its an AWESOME camera that offers fantastic results it is still in use as my wife loves it:

CHECK OUT THIS SITE FOR THE BEST REVIEWS:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Fuji...inepixs5000.asp

Here's a couple she took in Scotland:

DSCF1069.jpg

DSCF1165.jpg

And a few from my other "old" hobby (Sorry "edit" just checked the Exif these were taken with my old E-10)
P4307930copy.jpg

P4307924.jpg

P4167700.jpg

I'd certainly get yourself one of them over any point and shoot as it is also a great start at getting used to more advanced features such as aperture and tv (shutter) control modes as well as having full auto options.

Remember if anyone is planning on buying a DSLR most now come with full auto modes to (although personally i'd try to avoid them and get used to knowing and understanding your camera).

I have a real problem with expensive DSLR's. in the days of silver halide. if there was an improved quality film developed, you just went out and bought it!! to improve the quality of images from a DSLR, you need to throw away the whole camera. even large dealers like Jessops no longer offer a part exchange or second hand service. stick to a good quality compact, unless you want to get into the whole "photography " thing. if it will not give you the versatility you need. pick an old manual SLR up and have the pictures scanned when you develop the film. you will see no loss of quality.

in point of fact. full auto modes on SLR's came in in the mid 1970's!!!!! and was improved in the mid 80's when matrix metering came in.

I have a real problem with expensive DSLR's. in the days of silver halide. if there was an improved quality film developed, you just went out and bought it!! to improve the quality of images from a DSLR, you need to throw away the whole camera.

Why?

The only reason i would lose the 350d is for say a 1D or 5D full frame camera and only if i was stinking rich to justify it.. Improved image quality comes from the lens you choose to attach and the person controlling the settings and shutter release button. (why would the amature photographer need any more than 8mp and infact the new entry range DSLR is now 10mp). I soley got rid of my e-10 olympus because of the lack of lenses.

I shouldnt have mentioned it and was only commenting on the fuji 6500 as it is more than likely within the budget of Miss Wiggle.

Sorry for bringing the DSLR up as im no expert but in all honesty havnt looked back since i moved to digital and sold my 35mm equipment.

Most reactions

Back