Calling All Computer Ghurus - Please Help.

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
I know just about enough about computers to be extremely dangerousā€¦. I will appreciate any help hereā€¦.

The situation is:ā€¦. I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7ā€¦ā€¦ (and I also have a desktop computer).

My modem is with Atlantic using a Vodacom card, which worked perfectly whilst I stayed In Thabazimbi, but Iā€™ve subsequently moved to Amandelbult, where the Vodacom signal is intermittent and poor at the best of times.

I found, howeverā€¦. That if I insert my MTN card into the Atlantic modemā€¦. It works perfectly and that is how Iā€™ve accessed Internet up to about 3 days ago.

Since the laptop came with no programmes installed, I purchased Microsoft Office (professional) 2010 and had someone at work install it for me.

When I got back homeā€¦. I could access all my ā€œfavouritesā€ as usual, except oneā€¦. (at first I thought that the forum bombed out and was under reconstruction)ā€¦

I kept on trying to no avail for about 3 days, so I contacted a friend (who is also a member on that forum ) and asked her if she had accessā€¦. And she could, so I assumed the problem was with my laptop, soā€¦.. I tried my desktop and could also not access.

I did a lot of troubleshooting and it all pointed out that that forum is fine, but not responding ā€¦ā€¦ So, in desperationā€¦ I swapped my sim cards and put the Vodacom in, and Whalah!!!... I found that forum againā€¦.

Now, my question is why would my system no longer work for one specific forum (only) when I use my MTN card in the modemā€¦. It used to work for me in the past??? The card that works for that site is not worth using, as the poor signal bombs it out about every minute.

switch to googles dns (google how to do it mate) if you can access the forum using the google dns your isp is blocking the forum also you could edit your host file (and again google it)

Most reactions

Back