🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

june

Reaction score
I have seen on ebay cable tidiers for fish tanks

Does anyone on here use them?

I just want to tidy the cables up.

Many thanks in advance for any replies i get.

June

I just use the little zip ties to tie the excess cord up (rather than using a twist tie). I take as much slack as I can out so they don't hang down too far and at least look neater. It is a problem though, especially on larger tanks. I am running 2 filters (2 cords), 2 heaters (2 cords), an air pump (1 cord) and upgraded lighting (2 cords) on my 75 gallon so there are 7 cords plus the surge strip cord so it is a mess unless I keep them tied up.

I only have a heater and filter cable. So they are hiden behind my plants.

I have also jigsawed a hole in the back of my tank cabinet to slip the cords through. :nod: How many do u have to hide? Cant be too many shorely? But like rdd1952 said, cable ties might do the trick. :nod:

I don't think june means the plastic cable tidies that you simply wrap around your cables.

I think she is on about the junction box things that you wire all of your cables into and then just have one plug going in to the socket. Am i right june??

If I am then I am also thinking about getting one. I currently have a 6 socket adaptor on each of my tanks and the cables are a real pain in the arse.

steve

thebaldranger said:
I don't think june means the plastic cable tidies that you simply wrap around your cables.

I think she is on about the junction box things that you wire all of your cables into and then just have one plug going in to the socket. Am i right june??

If I am then I am also thinking about getting one. I currently have a 6 socket adaptor on each of my tanks and the cables are a real pain in the arse.

steve
Yes steve that is what i was talking about, sorry i did not make it very clear.

Most reactions

Back