C.trilineatus: Breeding Like Rabbits...

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

I only count 14 fry? Were there that many casualties?

:lol: NO, that is just a small I scooped outta the 17 gallon tank they are all in. :D

I think my cories that were sold as juliis are actually what you have.

Yeah, unfortunatly alot of C.trilineatus are sold as C.julii, My first C.trilineatus was sold to me as a Leopard julii, which is actually two species: C.julii and C.leopardaus (or something like that) and it wac actually a trili :)

Time for another update, not sure how many I have now, I've not noticed any loses, but then there could have been some that got eaten over night :unsure:

They are all getting big now here are the new pics, just two pics to tickle you fish-lubb buds:
day-52-01.png

day-52-02.png

Look how big they are compared to when they hatched:

close_up.png

They actually look like C.Trilineatus now. :wub: :wub: :wub:

:hyper: Wow, they are sooo gorgeous. I can't believe how much they look like Trilis now!! Very cute. And great pics. I know how fast they can dart around.

I now have 4 biggish babies swimming around my fry tank with my panda fry, no where near as big as those of yours, and 3 smaller one's in the net. Not sure how the fry are in the community tank that we saw, but they were too big to get eaten now. As long as they stay away from the filter, which we checked last week and found a panda fry, nice fat one too.

They are super cute. :wub: :wub: :wub:

hopefully mid-late January I'll be having to make a trip to derby to drop off a hand full of these for you :D

and I'll be selling the rest, which should give me the extras cash I need for the sand, and other acc's for my 4x2x2' tank, which I'll be ordering after xmas. yay!!

hopefully mid-late January I'll be having to make a trip to derby to drop off a hand full of these for you :D

and I'll be selling the rest, which should give me the extras cash I need for the sand, and other acc's for my 4x2x2' tank, which I'll be ordering after xmas. yay!!

Yeah, cool ƂĀ§tudz

Closer to the time we can make an arrangement. You don't have to feel obligated though. I wanted to help you out with the microworms and I am glad I did. You obviously are committed to looking after the little one's and I wasn't wasting my time helping you out. Just glad I could.

Once you've moved the big guys on, are you going to raise fry again?? It really is a load of fun.

Keep well and speak soon
Carmen :D

Unfortunatly I wont be raising fry again until I get my own house, as it takes up too much room and time.
I love doing it, dont get me wrong. But I'm seeling my smaller tanks (the breeding tanks) and going for two big tanks, a 4x2x2' tank for odd balls and large fish, and then a 32 gallon community tank.

Once I have moved out to my own place I'll be looking at continuing my Cory breeding Programme, and also tryng to breed other fih such as plecs and maybe Polyterus as well.

I want to eventually do some breeding which will benefit the fish keeping world, such as breeding rare fish etc, but thats years off.

and you ARE having some of the cories I insist :sly:

I would love to breed plecs. Of course, I've got difficult plecs in mind. Not even tried something easy like Ancistrus. No, I want to breed my L260's, L134's and L010a's. Having bred otos, do they count in the plec department?? :blink:

Alright, put the gun down. If you want us to take some of the little un's off your hands, just take it easy :lol: .

Speak soon
:D

Lol

/me puts the gun away :D

Yeah I would be looking at breeding harder plecs, not your commonly bred fish, if its easy there's no challenge. My Cory programme was the learning curve starter :)

I think Otos are seen as Plecs, although they are just sucker mouth catfish :)

Well I finally sold the fyr on :-(
Sad to see them go, but I kept 4 for myself.

here's a pic of one of them, these were the smallest. I sold the bigger ones.

fry.png

:wub: Aaaw, how gorgeous. Congrats ƂĀ§tudz, you must be very proud.

It's unbelievable how quickly they get the patterns like their parents. How big are the fry you've kept??

Good luck with them and look forward to pics of them from time to time.

:D

Thanks,

the 4 I kept are about an inch long, I went to the not-so-lfs last weekend (where I sold the fry) and the ones I sold them are huge now like 1.5"

Those are beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen those cories before. Even with tons of years working in a pet store and being around cories. Can someone let me know the common name or if there is even one?

Great job breeding them. SUPER nice markings on the adults.

Most reactions

Back