FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

sryan0609

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey
just wonderin what is the coolest looking fresh water shark? and are there any that my 8 red belly piranhas may not eat? i wanna a big shark, like 9" or so!!
where could a find a nice looking big shark in cincinnati ohio, i cant really find a good pet store with big fish, or where could i get one online??????????

i'm in colorado so i couldn't tell you where but the chinese hi-fin banded sharks would MOST LIKELY do well.

i have 3. i got mine for $20 total because the store didn't want them. try barganing :lol:

i have 3. i got mine for $20 total because the store didn't want them. try barganing :lol:

did you bargan? i mean like what would you say?

and also...do youre sharks actually like "eat stuff" like real sharks??

no i didn't bargan but i've been buddys with the owners/staff for ever + i have a summer job there. the asked me if i knew a good home for them (they were 8" and eating everything) so i said i'd take 'em.

no i didn't bargan but i've been buddys with the owners/staff for ever + i have a summer job there. the asked me if i knew a good home for them (they were 8" and eating everything) so i said i'd take 'em.

nice.....i just found a place near where i live that has a hi finbull shark..is that aggressive or like the ones you have?

just wonderin what is the coolest looking fresh water shark? and are there any that my 8 red belly piranhas may not eat? i wanna a big shark, like 9" or so!!

DONT PUT ANYTHING IN WITH PIRANHAS!!!!

Any fish you put in is a potential meal. Have piranhas on their own, or not at all :good:

you do know the reputation of pirahna don't you<although highly exsaggerated some of it is true? pirahna are highly agressive and are deffo not good to keep with anything excpept a species tank...even then this could become bad!!!!!!Thats why i say they won't go well with pirahna.......

You would be best to reasearch as much as possible about this species and listen to people who have knoledge about this species, i do not but have read a fair deal about them,,,,

i'm in colorado so i couldn't tell you where but the chinese hi-fin banded sharks would MOST LIKELY do well.

These guys?
Chinese-HiFin-Banded.gif

Not a good idea. Those fish are pretty much doomed to a short life of tiny tanks. They are meant to grow slow, but unless you seriously think you are going to have a monster tank/indoor pond within the next few years don't bother. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone...
fish2.jpg

To the OP:
A black shark could be a possible option if you had a larger tank, as they can reach almost two foot and your tank is a 75 gal.
But I wouldn't recommend it, if your piranhas don't kill it, it will kill the piranhas. They are supposed to get very aggressive when older.

Obviously you should be prepared to potentially lose anything you put in with piranhas, but given that you are (not that I'm advocating that ), can you be more specific than "shark"?
As none of the fish here are actually related to sharks beyond being fish, what kind of fish do you want?

I get that you want it at least 9", but you are going to need to be far more specific than something that 2eats stuff" :) ;).

To the OP:
A black shark could be a possible option if you had a larger tank, as they can reach almost two foot and your tank is a 75 gal.
But I wouldn't recommend it, if your piranhas don't kill it, it will kill the piranhas. They are supposed to get very aggressive when older.

Obviously you should be prepared to potentially lose anything you put in with piranhas, but given that you are (not that I'm advocating that ), can you be more specific than "shark"?
As none of the fish here are actually related to sharks beyond being fish, what kind of fish do you want?

I get that you want it at least 9", but you are going to need to be far more specific than something that 2eats stuff" :) ;).
[/quote]

well i cant really be more specific...i want a fish, not necessarily a "shark," that is about 7," is fairly aggressive' enough to survive with piranhas, and looks decently cool....this fish could be anything; 'shark,' cichilid, etc........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back