Bunched PLants

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Eel Boy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi again everyone. Here my question how do you keep bunched plants in the ground. Everytime i turn around there floating at the top Help me and all those people that suffer from this.

What kind of plants are they? Hornwort and pennywort are two plants that are normally sold bunched but are actually floating plants and do a lot better on top of the water. For bunched plants though I usually get some of the lead plant weights and wrap a couple around the bunch of plants about an inch up from the bottom of the stems then stick them in the gravel untill the lead weight is burried, most plants that are normally grown on the bottom will soon take root and hold themselves down from there.

In low energy tanks, I just trim them and plant them. HIgher energy, I group a few stems together with a cable tie or similar, being careful not to crush the stems, and then place a stone in the "cup".

One of the problems is people nip of cuttigs with their fingers, crush a few stems together and shove it in the gravel. The damaged material then, quite naturally rots away, freeing the top part of the cutting to float away.

Sharp tools, clean cuts, minimal damage and a little care.

Most reactions

Back