Bumblebee Jelly Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MAM

Mamalammadingdong
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i know i've seen a post on this topic before but i did a search and couldnt find it so i'm asking again.
anywhooo, picked up one of these guys this weekend. he may not be staying long though, will depend on how well he behaves himself :lol: . i've tried to find info, used planet catfish actually to get his scientific name. i'm trying to figure out just what he eats. he happily gobbled up flakes yesterday but i'm sure he needs more. the few sites i found info on say they eat insects in the wild but will eat pretty much anything in the tank (including other fish at times....gulp). :unsure:

anyone have one or have experience with these guys? what do you feed yours? what is/was yours like behavior-wise?

hes a great little fish, real active day and night, so i see him all the time. a little worried he may gobble down a fish one of these days, but we'll just have to wait and see.....................

yes, i've read that. i'm hoping to keep him fed enough i won't find a fish hanging out of his mouth, but if i do, such is life. part of the learning process.

but if anyone else has had experience with them i'd love to hear about it and about what you feed them

MANY_A_MOLLY said:
i know i've seen a post on this topic before but i did a search and couldnt find it so i'm asking again.
anywhooo, picked up one of these guys this weekend. he may not be staying long though, will depend on how well he behaves himself :lol: . i've tried to find info, used planet catfish actually to get his scientific name. i'm trying to figure out just what he eats. he happily gobbled up flakes yesterday but i'm sure he needs more. the few sites i found info on say they eat insects in the wild but will eat pretty much anything in the tank (including other fish at times....gulp). :unsure:

anyone have one or have experience with these guys? what do you feed yours? what is/was yours like behavior-wise?

hes a great little fish, real active day and night, so i see him all the time. a little worried he may gobble down a fish one of these days, but we'll just have to wait and see.....................
I had one in my catfish tank before the plague of '04 hit..........(ICK) :-( Mine like to eat shrimp pellets and small algae wafers........hope this helps!

excellent, have plenty on hand. i'm assuming he'll take most frozen foods as well?

MANY_A_MOLLY said:
excellent, have plenty on hand. i'm assuming he'll take most frozen foods as well?
I am not sure, anything that will sink to the bottom will probably suffice.......... :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back