Bumblebee gobies-conflicting info

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Bling

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
(I don't think bumbles are Oddballs---but never mind that)
My question: I've read that BB like about a teaspoon or two/gallon of water; or a tblespoon or two/gal; somewhere said a hydrometer reading of 1.002-8; another suggested 1.01-1.08. Then, I looked for pictures, figuring I have Xanthozona, since it was mentioned more; but they sure look a lot like the pictures I found under Doriae; at least, some of them. I've only had these little cuties for a day, and they seem fine in the 1.003 water (they'd been in completely fresh water at the store). I was going to start making it more marine with each water change; any suggestions on how fast to go, and how far? Right now I just want them to thrive and be happy.
Thanks for the help. This is a terrific forum!

You are in the right forum for gobies, but as far as how much salt you need, :dunno:

A salt level of between 1.005 and 1.010 is right for Bumblebee gobies, i keep mine at 1.010 .

I also keep mine in 1.010 mine are very active not so much when i first got them cause they were in FW at the LFS.

we have to bumble bee gobies which are doing great in a freshwater tank. we feed them mosquito larvae and they are very active. a guy at a fish store told me that they often can do well in freshwater, however that brackish water makes their colors brighter.

Thank you for the replies! I've only had them three days, but sometimes they're active, and sometimes they seem ill. The two bigger ones seem to have a lot of discomfort pooping! I think their bellies were really, really empty when they came, and maybe I fed them too much and they ate too fast. (Well, they were hungry!) They change colors a lot. One of them turns almost completely black when he's resting. Glad to hear from you who actually have them. :nod:

Most reactions

Back