Bumble Bee Shrimp Cube...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

can you post pics of them in there packaging when they do? im thinking of buying from them and the shrimp look good :good:

Sure, I will try and remember! I have purchased fish from them before and they arrived very well packed... also haven't read any bad feedback regarding Kesgrave on the internet, did a fair amount of research before placing an order with them.

Just had my confirmation email from Kesgrave saying they are about to dispatch my shrimp, so they should be here by 1pm tomorrow... :hyper:

I do hope they are the same species as the two I purchased from MA, otherwise it will be a mixed shrimp tank... still not sure if the two from MA are Caridina cf. breviata as they didn't have a tag.

One interesting thing I have been discussing with some shrimp breeders, is the correct temperature in which they should be housed! I have read so many differnt guides on Bumble bees and all give mixed temperatrure ranges, I first had the cube set at 24oC and then dropped it to 20oC after reading they prefer the water cooler and have since been advised by two breeder that the optimum temperature is 21oC so this is where the temp is at now.

Apparently keeping them at higher temps can reduce the shrimp's lifespan and raises bacteria grow in the water. Makes sense considering many of the shrimp species we keep in tropical aquariums, come from cool running streams.

The plus with keeping them +21oC is that the warmer temperatures often result in faster breeding apparently however the downside is they result in shorter life spans.

I love having access to such knowledge with the aid of the internet :good:

That looks great! I've come round to the idea of shrimps-they used to freak me out probably all the legs but those bumblebee ones are awesome. They are so tiny!
Let us know how they arrive from kesgrave, they have some lovely fish and I am thinking about the rasboras as they have chilli ones and nowhere around here has them, or the golden minnows.
Thanks

Most reactions

Back