bumble bee goby

Kittycat

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is, would it be possible for bumblebees to be content if I just put a large, wide clay pot and put the substrate in there where they can dig, play and such, or would I absolutely have to put the substrate in the entire tank?

Same questions for kuhlies...

Just trying to find ways to make cleaning easier...

Would they be healthy on a diet of primarily newly hatched baby brine shrimp?

Are only males territorial, or females as well? I read somewhere that it's better to keep more females as the males fight, and when I went to the store I noticed that most of the BBGs were driving the others away when they wandered into their territories. Does this mean they are most likely to be mostly males?

Better off putting substrate in the whole tank if its just in a pot they will spread it out everywhere, you will also need lots of hiding places as both fish love to hide and if its bumble bee catfish you are on about make sure the khulis cannot fit in their mouths.or bye bye khulis. i have them together but my khulis are huge!

I'm sorry, I meant bumble bee gobies, not catfish...They are rather tiny, so I'm thinking maybe they won't make such a big mess.

Thanks for the tip on hiding places, I have rocks and java ferns...hoping to add more soon.

Don't know much about the gobies except they need brackish water, which means they can't go with khulis as khulis are scaleless which means they won't tolerate salt (someone correct me if i am wrong!)

Yeah, I read the same thing. I was thinking of putting the kuhlie in sort of a community tank with livebearers, but not likely to get them as I prefer to put some salt with the other fish.

My bumblebee gobies love live black worms live brine shrimp but they will also eat frozen blood worms mysis shrimp and brine. be sure to feed them diffrent things every now and again. expecialy if you are only feeding them brine shrimp. Brine is the iceberg leatuce of the fish world and dosnt have the nutrients that they need.
also if you dont like cleaning the gravel that often get an undergravel filter, that should cut back on some of the waste on the bottom. not alot but some.

Most reactions

Back