Bubbling Plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sime

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've had a bit of hair and green algae on a few leaves so yesterday I pulled them off as I was having a clean up. It wasnt a huge problem but as no algae seems to be growing fresh i thought this would be the last.

Anyway, today my plants are bubbling like mad. I've just added CO2 so it is probably this. The thing is im a bit worried as the last tme they bubbled was where the algae was growing.

Is it most possible that it's just the plants doing better now as the CO2 is taking effect?

Simon.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

your plants are pearling, meaning they are producing oxygen faster than it can dissolve in water. it's a sign that your plants are growing very well.

no corelation to algae at all. the trick is to get your plants to do that 100% of the time the lights are on. if they do thet you have it sussed.

the bubbles on this plant are pure oxygen, same thing is happening in your tank.
IMAG0133.jpg

keep up the good work

thought so - but its more like looking at a glass of lemonade - you know where the bubble are constantly going up and not settling on anything.

is that ok?

Sounds beautiful. Watching gentle bubble flow going to the top is very peaceful IMO.....and funny when some of the fish try to chase them thinking its food. :lol:

Sime said:
thought so - but its more like looking at a glass of lemonade - you know where the bubble are constantly going up and not settling on anything.

is that ok?
Looks even better when they create a string of bubbles and twist and turn going up. Or if a leaf catches it then you suddenly hear a pop and a large bubble suddenly comes out of nowhere :D All part of healthy plants photosynthesizing.... nothing to worry

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back