Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

123justin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My friend gave me a aeration machine or whatever you call it. Basically it makes bubles through the house etc.

You guys know what I'm talking about, right?

Anyways, I'm wondering what's the point of these machines? Just to put some more oxygen in the water?

Are there any fish that like to play with the bubbles? Currently I have 5 tetras, 4 guppys, and 2 angel fish.

Yeah, to break up surface tension and to oxygenate the water.

Some fish do like to play in bubbles, but it depends on the individual fish's personality, which can vary widely in a species.

Can you give me any examples of freshwater community fish that would play or enjoy the bubbles?

I can tell you that in my tank, my white cloud is always playing around my bubbles.

My neons "ride" the bubbles after their evening meal. I don't know why, but this is the only time they do it. The corys swim over there some, but I think more on their endless search for scraps than a leisurely bubble ride.

P.

My goldies love to swim and play in the bubbles, and my dojo loach and plec also ride the bubbles up and down in the early evening. It's very entertaining...and it sure beats watching basketball! :lol:

Surface aggitation is what adds oxygen to the water. Bubbles themselves don't do anything apart from decorate the tank, it's the surface aggitation that they provide that adds the oxygen. Surface tension is another way of saying surface aggitation.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back