brown algae sucks

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
mystery snail and bladder snails are not working against brown algae. what should i do? dont want to hand clean every time

Hi how long has the tank been set up? Diatoms are often a bit of a common occurance in new tanks and do eventually go, I had a really bad outbreak at the start of my Aquascaper tank but it did clear after one big clean out.

One bit of advice I got that seemed to help is turn your filter off while you do a water change or are scrubbing any algae as it means you can get rid of it rather than just disturbing it and the flow shooting spores off around the tank.

Wills

Hi how long has the tank been set up? Diatoms are often a bit of a common occurance in new tanks and do eventually go, I had a really bad outbreak at the start of my Aquascaper tank but it did clear after one big clean out.

One bit of advice I got that seemed to help is turn your filter off while you do a water change or are scrubbing any algae as it means you can get rid of it rather than just disturbing it and the flow shooting spores off around the tank.

Wills
sry for the late response it has been set up for more thaen 4 months

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back