Bronze cory coloration and size

Tegz

Reaction score
Hi all I hope that everyone is well.

Quick question regarding my Corys I got them both at the same time and they were about the same size and color but the one is now quite a bit bigger and has alot more colour is this normal?
IMG_20200812_102041.jpg

I would say it’s a little lady. Girls are more plump and bigger then the males

I would say it’s a little lady. Girls are more plump and bigger then the males
Thank you good to know. I only have the two for now I know they should be in a bigger group but my tank right now is way too small (advice taken by lfs) I'm waiting to collect a bigger tank I've arranged for them. Any tips for making them happier in the new tank besides increasing their numbers and using a sand substrate?

Cories are pretty easy little ones to care for. Sand substrate as you mentioned is a must as they are a filter fish and gravel can damage their barbs and also a group of 6+ more as they are a shoaling fish but you know this so at least they have each other until you get the bigger tank for them. Regular water changes and a good diet. My little guys have a field day in the sand and live plants. I feed them a variety of foods like spirulina algae wafers, sinking pellets, freezer dried tubefix worms and black worms. They also love some fruits and blanched veggies.

Most reactions

Back