Bristlenose Breeding

Angry_Platy

Sleepy Chook
Reaction score
Sleeping Somewhere. Or doing water changes. Or run
Yesterday afternoon my curiosity got the better of me and I checked inside my male bristlenoses cave…using a flashlight….I saw at least 30 fry!! :wub: We carefully put the cave back in position. 2-3 fry had escaped and they were perfect tiny bristlenoses sucking on the glass and on the outside of the cave!! They luckily managed to find their way back into the cave which the male has been looking after for the past 10 days or so.

I am SOOOO excited. I have been waiting for this for a month now. I didn’t even have to do anything, oh, besides feeding them lots of algae tablets and cucumber.

Now the only question I have is….what to do with all the fry??

Hmmmm

Anyone in Australia want any??? :p

OH….and….should I feed them anything special, like put an algae tablet into his cave? I have heard that bnose fry like lettuce.

Now I keep staring at the tank waiting for them to come out. I hope it is soon. I wish I had gotten photos. I was so excited just watching the little ones I didn’t want to leave the tank!!! :kana:

Its crucial that you feed the fry quite a lot, try cucumber, if this is the first brood dont be suprised if daddy eats them :sick: . Dont worry though once bristlenoses start humping its difficult to get them to stop :*)

This is the first brood....and daddy is being a VERY good dad....what I saw he was fanning them and stopping them straying too far.....

I am so proud of my Dyson (male)....

The fry still haven't left the safety of the cave....I shall put some cucumber in there for them to munch

If only you lived in the uk I would of defiantly brought some of theese fry off you :(

hows mum coping with it chook? is she protecting the fry?

Electra, the mum, has taken no interest in the babies. Apparently it is the fathers job to look after the young ones. Something which he has managed to do successfully on his own so far....

I am so proud of my little Dyson.....so young and such a good dad allready!! :cool:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back