Breeding Rams.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smileyfish

Reaction score
Help needed! Two weeks ago, our Gold Rams spawned. We removed some of the eggs and, within 1 week, there were approximately 40 free-swimming fry. At this stage, they were fed on a combination of cultivated infusoria and Liquifry. Then, on day 11, the fry started to die off. Today is day 14 and they have all died. I have monitored water quality throughout - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, GH, KH, pH. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have caused this? The Gold Rams should spawn again in 2 - 3 weeks' time so I want to get it right next time. All suggestions welcome.

When I was raising the fry of my blue rams, I was obsessive about water changes...I don't know if that would make a difference for you...that is the only thing that I can offer....
Ericka

Help needed! Two weeks ago, our Gold Rams spawned. We removed some of the eggs and, within 1 week, there were approximately 40 free-swimming fry. At this stage, they were fed on a combination of cultivated infusoria and Liquifry. Then, on day 11, the fry started to die off. Today is day 14 and they have all died. I have monitored water quality throughout - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, GH, KH, pH. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have caused this? The Gold Rams should spawn again in 2 - 3 weeks' time so I want to get it right next time. All suggestions welcome.

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe that I wrote the above so many years ago! Following periods of ill health, I am back on the scene. Fast forward all those years and I now have, once again, some more Rams - this time, German Blue Rams (GBRs). My best estimate is 35 of them. They are heading towards four months old and looking good.

Here's to a brighter future!

:good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back