Breeding Parrots

Isn't it funny how no-one can provide pics of these babies... seing as it is practially unheard of to get parrot fry, I would've thought people would be snapping shots of their miracles as proof.

Maybe i'm just a cynical moo :shout:

Isn't it funny how no-one can provide pics of these babies... seing as it is practially unheard of to get parrot fry, I would've thought people would be snapping shots of their miracles as proof.

Maybe i'm just a cynical moo :shout:

Couldnt agree more. I have plenty but only from parrot + another cichlid. On my own forum (the blood parrot forum) I did have a member post a video a while back of his pair of parrots with fry although as they grew they looked very firemouthy and he thinks the male firemouth nipped in a fertilised the fry and the parrots raised them. Still cool to see parrots with fry though.

i saw six the other day but now ive only got 1 left as they have been eaten i think. when the eggs hatched we thought none survived and moved the mum and dad into a different tank and put 2 molies and 5 corries in theyre old tank. thats when we noticed there were babies and saw more and more and now seing less and less. i think the mollies have been eating them or they got sucked up by the filter. the female looks pregnant agains so looking forward to more babies!! :hyper:

you say ciclids dont look pregnant. well whenever my jack dempseys and whenever my parrots are about to lay eggs then you can tell because the belly gets alot bigger than normal.

ok. will get some pics up tonight. the parents are up for sale, £30, no posting only pick up from sturminster newton, dorset. taking pics now. will be on in the next hour. eggs havent hatched yet but should do in the next couple of days and then i will try to get some pics of the fry. do the parents eat the babies??

nice pics. i have had a few problems in the past with the parents eating the eggs and fry but this is until they get used to being parents properly. if it comes to it. when the fry become free swimming catch them and put them into a breeding net and rear them yourself.

ok thanks for the advice
the parents didnt eat the eggs the first time and didnt eat some of the babies then either soo...
i will catch them then
will the babies be ok going into a 30L with 3 corys and 5 glowlight tetras and 3 neon tetras??
it is very well planted

nice pics. i have had a few problems in the past with the parents eating the eggs and fry but this is until they get used to being parents properly. if it comes to it. when the fry become free swimming catch them and put them into a breeding net and rear them yourself.

Do you have any pictures of your parrots with fry. Also cichlids shouldnt be reared in breeding nets.

ok thanks for the advice
the parents didnt eat the eggs the first time and didnt eat some of the babies then either soo...
i will catch them then
will the babies be ok going into a 30L with 3 corys and 5 glowlight tetras and 3 neon tetras??
it is very well planted

No the tetras will most likey eat them. Can you not leave them with the parents?

Most reactions

Back