breeding dwarf gouramis

StrontiumDog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi,
I'm thinking of trying to breed dwarf gouramis again after my last atempt failed years before the internet was here.

1. What size breeding tank do i need?

2. Do i follow the same techniques as betta breeders do?

My last atempt fail because of lack of knowlege, not because the fish where not up to it. The male built his nest, got the female under the nest and eggs where layed ( beutifull site to see them breeding ). Alas after the small amount of eggs that hatched the quickly perished due to cold air getting in the tank. :byebye:

After this i backed down on the idea of breeding them, but with finding this site and all the knowlege held by many fishkeepers here i hope to try again soon :D

You should use a 10 gallon tank, IMO. A 5-15 gallon tank should work, but you have to lower the water level anyways.

I believe the same breeding technique should work. I believe there are pinned articles on both, though...

Oh yeah, keep the cold out by keeping a condensation tray or plastic covering (I believe saran wrap, though not sure).

The reason for the questions is that from what i've read recently is that like alot of the fish now a days arnt as hardy as they used to be.

correct me if im wrong but i didnt see anything mentioned about Gouramis in the pinned section.

Hm. I thought there was. I believe it's the same info, but someone should be able to help. I know it worked for me, and from my research it's pretty much the same procedure.

As for them not being very hardy, that's because they are all tank bred on fish farms. They're bound to have weaker fry if they're bred in that manner.

I take it from the lack of posts this is just for people who breed fighters.

So that makes me more inclined to try to breed dwarf G's and hopefully i'll have a small bit of my knowlege from trying to breed them to the next person :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back