Breeding corydoras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They will be fine in a 65l but I would suggest nothing with them and large weekly water changes - and preferably twice a week. They produce a high bio load.
Yes they will uproot plants until you have re-arranged the tank to their liking, and after that if they get bored with the arrangement they will let you know :rofl:
I know with mine, at feeding time, they leave no grain of sand unturned, perhaps this is where the plant problems can happen? If I see any of mine maliciously messing with my plants, I will definitely be having a word with them.

I never had a problem with them uprooting plants. If they have plenty of hiding places they shouldn't bother the plants. I used pvc pipe for them.

Not algae eaters but some people have suceeded breeding pygmy cories, you could have a species- only breeding colony in a 65l.

Years ago I had a bronze cory explosion in a 46 gallon bowfront tank in which I kept a blue gourami as well as guppies. I did nothing special to get these cories to breed. When the 12 or so cories that I had got old enough, and I just happened to do a water change with slightly cooler than tank water on an afternoon in which we were hit with a thunderstorm, voila, cory eggs all over the glass soon afterward. I went from a dozen cories to well over 70 cories and I was thankful that I had a large enough tank to keep everyone in. I did find a local petshop to take many of the young cories.

Mine lay eggs about once or twice a month, sometimes after a water change, sometimes just because, I guess. But I haven't had any fry. Either they're not getting fertilized, or the cories, the neons and rhe snails are getting to the eggs before they hatch 🤷🏻‍♂️

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back