Bought A New Ray

Gee, guys, calm down. The owner of this ray should have done his/her research before buying it, and is now stuck with an expensive fish in a tiny tank for it. If you want to keep that ray, upgrade ASAP, or get rid of it. You were irresponsible to get it in the first place. UNLESS, of course, you have a monster fish tank waiting for it, or plan on getting one in the near future. Rays are without a doubt one of the hardest fw fish to keep not only because of their size, but also because of their dangerous nature, diet, and shape.

The only bad attitude i see here is from the ignoramus who has bought a sensitive large growing fish without even bothering to look into its most basic care requirements and then throwing a tantrum and complaining to the moderators when people with a genuine interest in the species tell them that their silly little tank is too small. Then when said moderator points out that the people are indeed right they call him a moron and make idle threats about meeting in person.

Grow up take some responsibility and actually look into how stingrays should be kept before shouting your mouth off and making silly gestures about how meeting in person would make things different.

while were doing this,it looks like he has broken shells in there :no: i feel bad for the soon to be cut up ray.

The only bad attitude i see here is from the ignoramus who has bought a sensitive large growing fish without even bothering to look into its most basic care requirements and then throwing a tantrum and complaining to the moderators when people with a genuine interest in the species tell them that their silly little tank is too small. Then when said moderator points out that the people are indeed right they call him a moron and make idle threats about meeting in person.

Grow up take some responsibility and actually look into how stingrays should be kept before shouting your mouth off and making silly gestures about how meeting in person would make things different.

This person who bought this ray did completely over react but someone mentioned in this thread about another thread where CFC told someone "people only listen to stuff they want to hear." That person was me (I think) concerning my pair of Red Bellied Piranha that I thought I would keep in a 55G.

I was very dissapointed and fankly did not want to hear what CFC and other others were telling me. You will be glad to know that I (finally) admitted I was just plain wrong and even now I am looking for a new home for my RBP's however the point Im trying to make is that it is very dissapoining when you have researched your fish (as I though I had and like this guy thought he had) and it turns out you made a mistake.

I hope that he keeps the fish and works toward getting another tank or finding a new owner and that like in my case, the members on this forum support him.

That said, there is NO excuse for making personal threats against CFC or any one else on this forum.

When I bought my 125 gallon tank...60"W x 18"D x 26"H....I was looking at getting a ray. Then I soon realized that it's not a big enough tank in the long run, even for the smallest species, even though a lfs had told me otherwise. It would be better if it was 26"D and 18"H! I did spend hours reading and researching before I decided a mbuna cichlid tank would work perfectly for me!
Point is....people HAVE to research multiple places before making these kinds of purchases.
(AND not just the store that wants to sell the animal/fish)
:blush: Although I did buy a plec a few years ago(when I hadn't matured fish wise yet) and I think it's a common plec. But if it is, I intend to move it to my 125 gallon tank. :blush:

Nope not got a social problem. Just dont like to see very rare fish end up in an bad enviroment all because someone didnt do there research. Its not like a £2 guppy is it its an expensive stingray.

Regardless of price every fish owner has a responsibility when they buy a fish to keep it in the best conditions as they can, be it a stingray or guppy.

Though I do fully agree with you other points and hope the OP can find a suitable home for his new fish, either rehome or do some more research and upgrade the tank.

My point was is not like a cheap guppy where you think ahh its only £2 ill take the risk to part with £80+ for a fish you would think beofre you pay the cash you dont wanna mess things up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back