Bottom Feeders

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tttnjfttt

I have a point, just don't ask me what it is
Reaction score
my own little world, which is currently in Norther
Whenever i feed my bottom feeders either algae wafers or sinking pellets, it seems like EVERYONE goes after them. Seeing the pack of tiger barbs chwoing down on one algae wafer is quite comical. For those with bottom feeders, how do you make sure they get enough food? I am seriously debating ditching flakes and going only on pellets and wafers (along with blood worms and veggies).

Feed them when the lights are out, cause they are usually night prowlers anyway. Mine always get fed when I put the night lights on and I always put the tablet in the same place so they always travel there at lights out.

I get a pinch of flake food and hold it in the water for a second so that it gets really wet and that makes it sink faster. It usually gets to the bottom in a clump and the fish crowd around it. I also use Ocean Nutrition Flake Food because the flakes are so much bigger.

Yeah I noticed that my tetras always go for the wafer before even my pleco comes out of his hiding space and its funny to watch him try to eat his food while the other fish try to get it and one time he had the wafer under him eating it and one of the smaller tetras was some how able to pull it from under him. But after a few minutes I turn the lights out and he just picks up his food and was able to get to his spot and they stopped trying to get it.

Feeding at night doesn't solve the problem in my house; those greedy platies have learnt the routine by now and are still the first on the scene at the whiff of food. Hogs, the lot of them!

Feeding at night, bottom fish are the strongest in my tank... With me it's the problem of other fish not getting food. You could distract the others by some food elsewhere, so the bottom ones have some time.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back