Bollands's Custom Equivalent Rsm250

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bollands

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Okay now my Gcse's are almost out the way (1 more tomorow, sociology for 2.5hours! kill me now :p) i have cracked on with the tank i bought in feburary, as an upgrade the fluval vicenza 260.

I have modded the tank for a sump and luckily my first tropical fish tank just fit in ( at an angle)! oh well more water to play with.

I am already annoyed that i cant add much more to the bottom but hey ho ill just have to supplement the calcium etc.

I got a beefy fx5 to return my flow which im not sure to fill it with? shall it be a huge chemical filter? keep the sponges? or just have live rock rubble? at the moment it has carbon bio brick things and sponges.

i have added some base rock stuff for the base, dont worry ill put lots of LIVE rock in there too!

I have made a youtube video for you guys (and gals) as i think i can say more, you can see more and its less hassle writing. (and i think more personal)
Although be aware my voice does not sound that monotomous geeky and hormonal (at least I hope so)!!!!

With out further addo here is my first of many video blogs!

1st blog

It may take an hour or so for it to be published on there.

Lighting video next!

sorry man its up there now,

its just one of my other hobbies of bmxing etc click link again and it'll take you straight to the video :p

Part 2
theres the new one!

Argh its just sprung a leak in a rubber seal in the return because a pipe of water was hanging on it! siliconed the pipe again, after getting water on the floor! just waiting for it to set.

okay just got my self a koralia mag 6 for a bargain of £40 which i feel quite pleased about, i will use it to blow around the backs of the rocks only thing is will it be too much flow or power, i was hoping to create turbulance with that and my koralia 3, 1 and nano and fx5?

So the question really is to use or collect dust?

I'm loving the videos and really looking forward to seeing what you do with the hood :good:

Your rock placement could do with being further from the back wall

Anyway, keep the vids coming

Seffie x

Awe thanks seffie will post another one soon when something else happens, the hood plan is to rout a piece of abs plastic (my dad owns a thermoforming business globally :p ) and that will be reinforced with a rods of aluminium. The lights will be bonded using a two part glue I have 6 t5 lights 2 actinics 2 whites and 2hybrids is this a good combination and enought light? They are 39w each I may also buy another actinic bulb coz I like that blue effect and the glow of the corals. :) good to know someone was watching lol

Oh and meant to also say - move that photo or the salt creep will get it!!! And you know your mum will not be pleased :crazy:

Seems like a good amount of lighting to me :good:

Seffie x

sorry i have left it soo long but its all kicking off now finaly. i bought a deltec mc500 which is fab! also i bought a cleartides reactor for rowaphos or carbon, havent decided yet.

but today i have designed the custom hood for my tank. and it will be great! six t'5 a feeding hatch and will have two 80mm pc fans in the back for awesome cooling. im going in to dads factory tommorow, to watch it be cut from a solid block of urethane i think it is, will post video of this, (not the whole thing coz it will take 6 hours!. It will then be painted matt black and finished with ABS plastic. I think i am the first person to build a hood like this so fingers crossed!

oh yer and last thing i will also interested in making my own reactor at the factory but plastic comes in bulk! if any one wants one say so to see if it is possible to do this!

Also dad will contact TMC for which he used to make the plastic housing for there sterilisers! he thinks i can get a tour and perhaps discount or bulk buy, so tell me what u want also!

thats all for now! Recommend me some LR please?

Wow, really looking forward to seeing the hood - I really need a new one, so am very interested in your :good:

Seffie x

thanks seffie, may be i can interest u in getting it custom made and cnced at my fathers factory?

little update, my computer guy cousin paul just turned up said i need more fans so am now going for a bank of 4 80mm pc fans, maybe more. instead of the original two.

he also pointed out excessive dust build up falling in water, on the lights and reflectors and also blocking the fans and air holes? has this beeen much of a problem to anyone before, and am i over killing it? i mean how hot does 6t'5s get?>??

went for 4 80mm fans in the back, will post photos of the begging of manufacture after college!

Most reactions

Back