Boilies Ok To Feed To Tropical Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jebbwardo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
No one looks at my posts to help me it's annoying.

Is it safe to put boilies in my fish tank?

image.jpg

You only posted 30 mins ago, people have lives outside of here & will help when they're able to do so.
I had no idea what boilieswere but having googled I'd say no you can't put them in your tank, but maybe someone else will know better

Mate; we do our best, but we're all just normal people with lives to lead :/

Most people don't have to wait too long, but we do have other things to do, or emergency posts to deal with.

I've just finished doing water changes, and I don't have a clue what 'bollies' are; maybe no-one else knows either? Often people don't comment, if they don't have anything useful to post, as it just clogs up the thread.

I'm sure someone will be able to help you out soon.

As soon as I changed the title people clicked on my post i usually get a reply within 20 mins that's why I got annoyed and boilies are what you use when carp fishing they go mad for them hence why they try eat it and they get a hook stuck in there mouths. I was just seeing if tropical fish would be okay with them and wouldn't mess up my water, I might just grind some up and put some in see what happened just seeing if you guys had any information about it.

image.jpg

the thing to bare in mind about the views is that it only registers a view if the perosn is logged in. i viewed your first post when you put it up but was not logged in , therefore the view did not register. i did not post a reply comment because i have no experience/knowledge about the fish you have or bollies.
i understand it can be frustrating sometimes when you are waiting for an answer, i have been in the same boat and still am in some cases but the thing is not everybody knows about everything, unfortunately it's a case of having to wait till someone who does know about your queiry comes along and hopefully sees your post.
i know this still does not help with your first post but hopefully it helps to lessen your frustration.

Sorry did not reply earlier.

I did not have a clue what boillies were so did not have any useful information for you so I did not comment.

I do my best to answer questions on which I may have knowledge on as soon as I see the post, if its unknown to me, IMO better to leave alone otherwise may give bad advice that may have repercussions on your tank stock.

You got to give people time to research or to come online as are all over the globe so lots of folks are on different timelines for a start.

Hopefully you will get a decent answer soon about your query.

Aye, was offline cleaning the big tank, that and putting the little one to bed an making dinner. It happens, the more off the wall the question the longer it tends to take to get an answer.

To try to answer the question, yes, you could, they're a high protein food probably better suited to bigger fish and carnivores and you may get issues with oil from the fish meal you get in them. Personally, I'd only use them very sparingly, and probably the day of or before water change.

Boilies are basically bait for carp for when you go carp fishing other fish like it but it's made for carp I ground some of it up of what was in the picture and put it in my tank the mollies and sucking loaches loved it mollies where fighting over bigger chunks they couldn't fit in there mouth problem is it sinks as soon as it hits water plec was sucking around the area it dropped to and danios had a bit as it fell to the bottom but where bullied away by the other fish the Bala shark wasn't intrested he's not intrested in brine shrimp or flake either he I don't know what he eats but he still grows. Still don't know if it's safe but have another tank on standby if it's messed up the water in anyway.

So they would be a good food to give them at suitable times the day a water change is being done or day before? Because they did eat it hopefully it we'll keep them healthier and help them grow a bit quicker. I feed them with tetra pro menu at the moment which is one of the best flake food in my opinion but looking to try other flakes anyone got any recomendations, I also give live food and mix it up hence why i tried the boilies to give them a bigger variety as I love seeing the fish grow week by week.

I'm sure it'll be fine. My only concern with food like this is the oil content from the fish meal. Not an issue in a lake or river, but difficult in our rather smaller enclosed systems, hence the suggestion around water changes, otherwise, should be fine.

I am going to go on a limb here since no one else is going to and say, no "boilies" are not suitable as an every day food for a fish.   Fishing bait is designed to smell the best possible, but surely is not designed to offer the fish nutrition.  So with that in mind i am going to say you probably should not be feeding your aquarium fish artificial bait meant for fishing.

Maybe its alright for them to snack on, but I would make sure you are feeding them food that is balanced in nutrition.

As I said above, use very sparingly.

DrRob said:
As I said above, use very sparingly.
ah i was skimming my bad you did sort of say that.

original poster, you will be better of feeding very small slices of minced chicken, or minced prawns

As fluttermoth points out, the folks on this forum come here when they have free time, and answer questions as we feel capable to help.  Would you rather have a fast answer from someone with no experience using this product, or have to wait a few hours to get an answer from someone who actually has experience with them?

Jebbwardo said:
As soon as I changed the title people clicked on my post i usually get a reply within 20 mins that's why I got annoyed and boilies are what you use when carp fishing they go mad for them hence why they try eat it and they get a hook stuck in there mouths. I was just seeing if tropical fish would be okay with them and wouldn't mess up my water, I might just grind some up and put some in see what happened just seeing if you guys had any information about it.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

And, finally... if you normally get an answer to a question in as little as 20 minutes, then your title change is a bit out of line.  People do respond to questions.  People respond to questions as quickly as they can and feel they have something to add.  Its also poor form to demand a response while alienating the same folks that you are hoping will help you...

Yes am going to use before every tank change I would never feed my fish daily on boilies that's just stupid I was just looking for more variety in there diet, and can anyone help me to breed my own live food and what would be the easiest and most beneficial? As I'm sick of going the pet store buying it.
I am sorry for being impatient. Drop it now this forum is amazing and has helped me a lot.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back