Bob McC Intro

BobMcC

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker and keeper of two tanks, one 4' x 2' and the other 5' x 3'. I've been keeping fish for about 3 years now, friends wanted their tank rehoused due to ill-health and I then went out and bought another, like you do!

Couple of photo's of my tanks hope you like! Live plants in both tanks, running a Fluval U3 in the 4x2 and a Fluval 407 in the 5x3.

Attachments

• 5 x 3 Angels tank.jpg
    5 x 3 Angels tank.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 4x2 tank.jpg
    4x2 tank.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 12
Wow those sound like some great tanks! How do you find the internal on the four foot? Does it keep up ok?

Any full tank shots? What kind of fish do you keep? Lovely looking stuff from what I can see!

Wills

Wow those sound like some great tanks! How do you find the internal on the four foot? Does it keep up ok?

Any full tank shots? What kind of fish do you keep? Lovely looking stuff from what I can see!

Wills
Hi Wills,

The internal Fluval U3 on the 4x2 seems to be doing a reasonable job, I only installed it a few months ago . I have found that cleaning weekly and doing a full strip down every second week to remove and clean the impeller shaft is necessary to keep it performing well.
The Fluval 407 on the 5x3 is an absolute workhorse, has been doing a great job for the 2 and a half years since I bought the tank.
With both filters, if you look after them, they'll look after the fish.

Have to admit that this last few months I've found it difficult to get a decent gravel clean done in either tank. A combination of workload, not wanting to damage plant roots and the litter of albino bristlenose pleccys, has had me feeling reluctant to get the siphon cleaner out to dig into the gravel. Done it a few times and change water regularly but I don't feel I'm as thorough as I had been - anyone got any advice on this? Should I be as concerned about plant roots and scaring the (now 12 week old) pleccys by digging into the gravel?

Mix of tetras, a bad boy Angel and albino bristlenose pleccys in the 4x2. In the 5x3 tank I'm keeping Angels, Siamese algae eaters, a bristlenose pleccy, a yoyo loach and a black shark.

The images I posted show the full tanks, I cropped the images at the tank edges!

Welcome to the forum... :hi:
Nice angels you've got there...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back