Blueberry Tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chaotica2010

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My wife saw these the other day and wanted me to get some but they are like a sky blue which I have never seen. Are they dyed I have never heard of Blueberry tetra

Rick 8)

They most certainly are dyed. Also there are pink ones that are dyed as well. Please go for the White or Black Skirt Tetra if your wife is still interested. They are far more beautiful than the dyed and are probably more healthy. Also, the dye will eventually fade and you will be left with White Skirt Tetras anyway. May as well start with them.

Gabe

I know there is uch thing as a blue tetra that is a sort of silver/powder blue color..Could that have been it??

I've noticed that sometimes pet stores kinda give the fish there own names..For example...Wal-Mart had White Cloud Minnows listed as Ghost Fish...Just a thought.

When I saw them they had a "do not sell" sign on them so maybe they eithier realized or they found out. They are a pretty reputable LFS so I will give em the benefit of the doubt

Rick B)

There are several genuine "blue" tetras, however, none of them are sky blue. Here is a real one for example.
blutet3.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back