Bloodworm

jackson 10

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
right i went and bought the frozen bloodworm the little cubes should i give it to my fish straight away like in a frozen cube or shall i wait for it to defrost then put the bloodworm in ?

i think it depends on what fish you have as if its ones with sharp teeth then you might get away with it but if not then you more and likely need to defrost it i would play it safe and defrost but your fish may not see them.
:crazy: :unsure: :blink:

Defrosting is usually better. Discard the water they're packed in. You can easily defrost them in a little cup or on a paper towel. It takes about 20 minutes.

I used to defrost them.Now i just throw the cube in(or half a cube).With the water temp,it starts to defrost in seconds anyhow,and once one fish has a little tug at a straggling worm,the rest come apart.

When I feed frozen cubes, I start by filling a small dessert type cup with a little of my tank water. I put the cube into the tank water and wait for it to thaw completely. Sometimes I'll stir it if I get impatient. When the individual worms are floating free in the cup, I dump it into my tank. The fish always go crazy for the frozen foods. It must be as good as frozen foods are for us.

I have a few shot glasses I use for thawing small amounts of frozen food, add a bit of tank water. I have a couple of old glass shrimp cocktail glasses for thawing larger amounts.

Nothing says hard core aquarist like shot glasses in the fishroom.

Most reactions

Back